Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Americans are suckers letting our nations wealth be squandered overseas while we invested nothing in our own kids beyond a broken public school system. Our kids should not be paying for college at all. Congress people increase their wealth an average of $6million every two years while we keep yelling at each other because some of our OWN PEOPLE are finally getting some benefit.

Good forgiveness, should be more.

**Note, I paid my $20k in Stafford loans off years ago, but not bitter about these kids getting a break at all.

I paid mine, wife still has some but I don't want a dime for them.

Now surely you can donate to whomever college debt you please, but I'd prefer not to fund anyone else's but mine and my family, should they go.

I specifically think it's not right for those that didn't go to college, that bust their arse every day. Or especially those that don't have kids, never had kids, kids are grown etc.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beyond serving as a perfect example in any dictionary for the word “Injustice”, far worse is the green-light for even higher college tuition. Now they can fund more Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) fiefdoms, hire more woke Theorists who elevate theory over reality, provide more worthless degree paths and produce more Democrat voters. Welcome to the new feudalism.

Btw… anyone believing the government should repay loans with other people’s money could easily reach in their own pocket and beat Brandon to the punch. Therein lies the problem. It’s always other peoples money!

Personnally I didn’t do it exactly like the meme says. But I worked full time for five years going to college nights. LGB!!

Attachments

• 55553F5D-22B9-4438-BCFD-4B8AD9553DD0.jpeg
    55553F5D-22B9-4438-BCFD-4B8AD9553DD0.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid mine back in the early 80's.when interest was like 15-18%.
If they don't want to pay, bring back debtor's prisons. Let them work it off. Mandantory public service, military, CCC etc

Nice.

Thanks for lumping the military in there, anything else we can do for your college education because you know we ain't got none...

Not one thing pisses me off more than an a person throwing in my career and life as a way to pay back a debt. I don't recall being a derelict, criminal or a college freshman but joining at 17 because I didn't have a way to pay for college will forever be a "way" for those who "owe" the government to pay it back.

I served with those drafted into the military and switched over to the Navy for the first 5-6 years of my "career" (sentence?) and hated how they shirked their duties. I did not get drafted, I volunteered and would gladly do every day over again to serve the majority of the public who appreciate our service.

Make better decisions with that education, and lack of...

Latest posts

Top Bottom