Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ain't got no beef with ya tiasman - all entitled to our own opinion.

I think we need to fix the universities also and the costs are outrageous but not on my dime. Our government is so out of touch with reality that I'm sickened about where our country is going.

First orientation class should be about costs of education and if you finance how it'll be over the next 5, 10, 15 years for payback.
First orientation class I went to with my kids there were 5th year seniors on stage telling the students to not be in a hurry, take your time, enjoy college. I told my kids that is BS, get it done in 4 or less.

Beyond that, IMO there is absolutely NO oversight into what kids(underlined, bolded, emphasized) are borrowing without any indication of what the consequences are, and with literally NO boundaries on what they can spend the money on.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why should any student loan be forgiven or lowered? If you borrow money you should pay it back. Just because some chose to pursue degrees in fields that don’t pay well if it gets them a job at all is no excuse. I’m also opposed to the government loaning an 18 year old thousands of dollars to live off campus in a fancy apartment and party all of the time. There should be limits for tuition, books, and dorm housing only. And then, only if grades are being maintained and progress towards a degree is being made.
Better yet there should be a minimum grades and gpa.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First orientation class I went to with my kids there were 5th year seniors on stage telling the students to not be in a hurry, take your time, enjoy college. I told my kids that is BS, get it done in 4 or less.

Beyond that, IMO there is absolutely NO oversight into what kids(underlined, bolded, emphasized) are borrowing without any indication of what the consequences are, and with literally NO boundaries on what they can spend the money on.

Actually they have shifted the majority of lending for freshman and sophomores to the parents, if the parents income is high enough the Feds will NOT allow the student to take out loans, but they offer the parents loans. The student is not allowed to borrow at all. I know, we just went through the FASFA for our middle kid who is a freshman at OSU this year.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1661391545347-png.340727

Latest posts

Top Bottom