Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When goobermint loans became available, tuition cost skyrocket. This will now repeat.

Many of these loans are cash, direct to the student for pizza, parties, etc.

Moving granddaughter into dorm, 4 years ago, she was approached by 9, yes 9, leeches trying to set her up with credit cards. She was firm in her denials. 1 was extremely pushy, then found out Papa don't play that ****.

To many (most) these kids don't have clue and the predatory scum know it.

But, that doesn't mean I should pay their loans. They will not learn.

Had a guy talking to new students, was telling of those credit card scum. He was almost finished moving in. Scum offered a FREE 2 liter of Coke. He was hot, tired, thirsty; signed up. Said that FREE soda cost him about $9000 in interest, before he got rid of that card. Lesson learned.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am open to the thought of creating a system for more affordable college. The part most people don't like is the only sustainable way for that to happen and still get a worthwhile education is to require far more stringent entrance exams into college. There has to be a barrier to entry to keep the service providers from getting overwhelmed by demand and subsequently reducing quality in favor of quantity. If that barrier of entry is no longer cost, then it has to something else.

I do empathize with a lot of the past two generations growing up in a world being told they can be anything they want while not being informed of the qualifiers to that statement. Anyone in the US can be anything they want as long as they find their way to the junction of effort, focus, skills, intelligence, and opportunity. No one has control of all of these criteria, some (opportunity and skills) can be acquired with money and influence, others require substantial dedication on our part (effort, focus and if money isnt available opportunity and skills), and some is largely driven by genetics and upbringing (intelligence, effort, and focus).

Does that mean I think they should get bailed out of poor decisions? Hell no, my best lessons learned in life have been the result of my worst decisions because they hurt and I dont want to do it again. Does that mean I think the system should continue on as it is with no correction? Nope, the idea that we should synthesize everyone's ability to meet the barrier of entry whether through bonus points, subsidizing cost, or whatever does not work. They always like to point to other countries as models, but they forget to mention those countries still have barriers to entry to manage where demand and supply intersect. There is no other way to do it and make it effective and sustainable.

Fade2blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
497387f4c989d30c.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QFT.

Most of the federal student debt is for postgraduate loans.
That may be the case and shows more ignorance about the job market by those taking out the loans.

For younger folks, it’s all about instant gratification. Screw working up within a company, they want to be hired in making an executive wage.

My postgraduate degree was paid for by the company I work for.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More than 50% of the loans are for graduate degrees...these are leftists being paid off for their loyalty with tax money from the working class. I also wonder if any of these loans are for illegals too since they can go to college here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom