Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody but me and my family paid for their student loans and I put a wife and 3 kids through college. Only thing I ever got was a bad credit score when we would defaut on a payment once in a while. Finally got it paid off and it really disgusted me to see Biden put 1.7 Trillion dollars of debt on the citizens of the USA. I think everyone of these people that get the free education should have a everlasting 500 score for a credit rating to ensure that nobody ever loans them a dime!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand and agree. One big problem is letting the universities set what the “need” is each year. I own a business and would love to be able to get the govt to give loans for my services and I set the ever increasing price! Yeah!
You could get it if you are running some sort of program that’s approved.
Nobody but me and my family paid for their student loans and I put a wife and 3 kids through college. Only thing I ever got was a bad credit score when we would defaut on a payment once in a while. Finally got it paid off and it really disgusted me to see Biden put 1.7 Trillion dollars of debt on the citizens of the USA. I think everyone of these people that get the free education should have a everlasting 500 score for a credit rating to ensure that nobody ever loans them a dime!
Then when their score is low, they’ll pass a law requiring loans for those that received the debt relief.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made it through 2 undergraduate degrees (one state school & one a private school), a master’s degree, and 17 hours of post graduate classes with never taking ‘advantage’ of any government sanctioned loan program. Granted the first one was considerably cheaper than currently. But those post grad hours were expeeeeeeeeensive.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard debt loan forgiveness counts as taxable income, ha hahaha. Not funny.
Normally, debt forgiveness (f'rinstance, if you negotiate a $5K payoff of a $20K credit card debt) can be reported to the IRS, which counts it as taxable income. According to the report I heard this morning, Brandon's program is supposed to be different, and they're not going to count it as taxable income.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read on the internet today that the burden of repaying this student loan will fall on the backs of the middle. Fortunately, since Biden has been in office, there are fewer middle class. So the majority of us have no worries.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand this article is from Fox News and Bill is a republican but he makes some good talking points.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/william-bennett-bidens-student-loan-handout-terrible-idiotic
I’m not sure one of his talking points is actually true though. That’s because I don’t actually see any “free money” getting dumped into the economy.

If the people who can’t afford to pay off their student loans get this forgiveness, they’re not going to get a $10K check to deposit. The Dept. of Treasury will transfer money to the Dept. Of Education. They will in turn disburse the money to the federally owned student loan servicers, who will apply those monies to the outstanding accounts. From there those monies will be deposited into the you guessed it, Dept. of Treasury general account.

It’s a giant shell game and the end result is a debt write off that adds to the federal deficit. A write off that just somehow magically equals the alleged yet unrealized deficit reduction over 10 years in the Inflation “Reduction” Act. So I predict we’ll soon be seeing Biden and his mouthpieces saying things like “We were able to eliminate $300B in student loan debt, without adding one dime to the federal deficit.”

Funny how that works huh! :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom