Tax warrant? Any info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I am late getting back to this, been "out of action". (jacked up my neck again) This is not a scam or fishy, dealing with Osage County Tax people is just a mess, they are the root of much stress.

I have had problems with them since I put this double wide on my land, it was a place to stay until we got a real house built, but I got hurt and those plans changed.

We put the house here in late 93, I paid all the fees and taxes for putting in "manufactured housing" then I did not worry about anything. In 2001 I got notice of a pending Sheriff's Warrant because I had not paid taxes. The County said they were not aware I had put a house on my land. Yes I asked about the taxes I paid when it was moved in. A "mobile home" must be reported each year so they know it is still here. How was I to know that?

Now they mailed me the past due bills, yet the County claimed they were not aware I had a house so that is why they had not sent me the tax bills. Odd how they had an address to send that letter. But anyway that started me off with a huge amount of accumulated bills. We got that paid, not that I was happy about doing so.

Now the tax people will not take a partial payment, you can pay 1/2 of a current bill by a set date then the other half is due, but delinquent taxes must be paid in full. When we were so far behind due to what ever the reason we went in to pay $900 on the bill, I was told "it must all be paid at one time" they refused to take the $900 I had, so I just blew it off. I am silly about things like that.

Due to a VERY limited income it would be great if they would take payments on the taxes, but no they refuse. The thing is I am sure, have not found a receipt yet, that we are caught up. Our best bet is to keep digging and pray that we can find proof the bill was paid.

Thanks to those who gave me avenues to look into, I hate the idea of "renting" my personal property from the County. Paying taxes on income, then paying sales tax just to be topped off with paying tax yearly on that same item just jerks my chain. How long does it take to have paid more in taxes on a dishwasher, than we paid for the dishwasher.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you file Form 936 the first year you placed the Manufactured Home on your Land?
MV: Manufactured Homes
Manufactured homes are initially titled and registered through the Motor Vehicle Division or a motor license agency. Thereafter, they are placed on the county ad valorem tax rolls for ad valorem taxation. Upon any subsequent change in ownership, a transfer of title must be processed through the Motor Vehicle Division or any Oklahoma tag agency. Proof of paid current calendar year ad valorem taxes (OTC Form 936) will be required before the transfer may be completed.

Registration fees are based upon the actual purchase price or current value of the manufactured home. The fee is assessed at $30, plus $.75 per $100 in value over $1500.

Nonresident active duty military personnel stationed in Oklahoma may register their manufactured homes through the Motor Vehicle Division or a motor license agency for an annual fee of $26. A completed U.S. Armed Forces Affidavit (Form 779), attested to by an officer, must be submitted

Latest posts

Top Bottom