Tax warrant? Any info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might also help to contact your county tax assessor

Osage County Assessor
600 Grandview Avenue, Room 101
Pawhuska, Oklahoma 74056
Contact Info:
(918) 287 3448 (Phone)
(918) 287 4930 (Fax)

you might even qualify for some sort of tax exemption, but of course i'm just pulling this stuff off the internet and am no expert by any means.

We have asked the assessor to come out and show me some of the things I have been charged for, so far he has been a no show. Have not had a pool in many years but I still get charged for one. Little things like that, oh and a room I have never had.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have asked the assessor to come out and show me some of the things I have been charged for, so far he has been a no show. Have not had a pool in many years but I still get charged for one. Little things like that, oh and a room I have never had.

➙Understand your remedies • If you believe your property value is too high, or if you were denied an exemption or agricultural use value, you may file a protest with the assessor and then if denied, to the CBOE. If you do not agree with the review board, you may appeal to district court.

https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/TES-14.pdf

https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/976.pdf

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should have been paid by check. The thing is our bank changed hands and finding a check from 7 years ago is very difficult and time consuming, thus we are looking for papers here. If the bank has to find the old check it may take a few weeks.

my limited experience tells me anything involving the government is going to be a slow, overly bureaucratic time consuming pain in the ass.

especially if you want to change their opinion of the facts.

i'm sorry you have to go through this and i wish you the best of luck.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry you have to go through this as well. It should never take you more than 5 minutes to find anything that is tax related. Advice for the future is get your paperwork organized.

Louisiana tried to do the same with me for a tax year that I didn't even live there. Took me 5 minute to find the documentation

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry you have to go through this as well. It should never take you more than 5 minutes to find anything that is tax related. Advice for the future is get your paperwork organized.

Louisiana tried to do the same with me for a tax year that I didn't even live there. Took me 5 minute to find the documentation

True the disorganization is our fault. I have about 3,500 pages of medical stuff to deal with for myself, wife and daughter. Then all the other fun stuff that needs to be kept.

When everything got wet we spread them out to dry and then just stuffed things in boxes later, we created a mess beyond imagine. But we had to get them out of the way, now fixing this is crazy and finding the one paper we need may take a bit of time.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True the disorganization is our fault. I have about 3,500 pages of medical stuff to deal with for myself, wife and daughter. Then all the other fun stuff that needs to be kept.

When everything got wet we spread them out to dry and then just stuffed things in boxes later, we created a mess beyond imagine. But we had to get them out of the way, now fixing this is crazy and finding the one paper we need may take a bit of time.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain and understand what your going through. I fortunately learned from someone else making the same mistake you did. I had a Platoon Sergeant, who was very organized but had all his papers in card board boxes set on the floor when his home flooded. We all pitched in and helped dry and re-organize his files. As a result of that, All my important docs go into fire/waterproof safes (though I don't have 3500 pages of med paperwork to contend with), I have 5 of them

If you have some trusted family and or friends, they can help you re-organize your files

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Often we will hear to keep tax records records for five -six years. I think this is a classic example indicating that tax records/payments should be kept for an indefinite period!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Often we will hear to keep tax records records for five -six years. I think this is a classic example indicating that tax records/payments should be kept for an indefinite period!

and then backed up in digital form, as well. I think Google and hotmail both offer free file storage up to a certain amount. a scanner would be a worthwhile investment. Make sure you organize it as you go along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom