This morning I passed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my FAA Private Pilot Written Exam. I will complete my oral and practical exam at the end of this week. Hard to believe I'm nearly done. It's been a long 4 months of 8-12 hour days and literally 7 day weeks between flying, working two jobs, and attending classes (part of the requirement in order for the GI Bill to pay for the private pilot license), but getting my pilots license has been something I've wanted to do as far back as I can remember. I just never made the time for it.

Like I said though, I've basically been on the go 7 days a week for the past four months. I've been hunting maybe TWICE since deer season started in October. This weekend, I'm going to get some sleep...and next week, you can look for me in a tree. :)

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome!.......Good luck with the rest!....Are you getting your single engine? I would like to learn how to fly a Cessna and then fly for the Civil Air Patrol.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good for you! Flying is a lot of fun. Flight time gets expensive but I hope you can stick with it. I stopped after commercial because I couldn't afford the airtime.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! Glad to see you get it done. It took me a long time to finish up but it is soo worth it.
Good luck on the oral and practical!

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big congrats Sooner!

I used to have big dreams of getting my PPL, just to rent a plane every now and then and fly for the scenery if nothing else, but the costs just seem outrageous anymore.

If at all possible though, could you give me an outline of requirements for the GI Bill to pay for it? All I was ever told is that they wouldn't, so I'm really interested in knowing, should I choose to.

No pun intended, but flying is what I would consider to be my ultimate "high". As soon as the wheels are off the ground, I'm happy and my stress is all gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom