Tire stores, if you will

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For many years I had great service with a local/regional place. Year ago I had a really bad experience so per the suggestions of good friends here I switched. Put new tires on my wife's car and daughter's car in the last year. Now, I bought a 2011 truck this year, replaced a 1990 of the same make. Been out hunting in an area with a lot of bodark trees, ones with thorns. So, even though I have not been hunting a lot like I usually do, noticed after a day or so a tire was leaking. Well, went to the new place I go to and they checked it, the one tire and found two very small holes, probably from the bodarks or the limbs, branches or whatever, because I go where I need to go when I go. Anyway, this place, Okay, it is Discount Tires in NW OKC, because you are going to ask anyway. I was not charged one cent for a vehicle that has never been serviced there. I am Sold!
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hibdons has been doing that for a while too.[/QUOTE

Sorry, Sir, but that is the place I had the problem with. Another thing, I have spoken in recent years with one of the Hibons' and they regret having sold the name. It is not what it was, now If you want to know what happened I would have to meet you in person and explain it per diagram, but they literally stole a good tire from me and that is it. I had been a good customer at one store only for many years, but not any more. Just sayin'. The Hibdon family should not be involved in this discussion what so ever. Just sayin'.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for Discount Tires. I have had really good service from those guys.[/QUOTE
Thank you, I really feel sorry for the Hibdon family, because they never saw this coming. Just sayin', and please, again let us leave the Hibdons out of this because they have nothing to do with the new outfit, if you will.
Good night and good luck, per Edward R. Murrow.
Lone Wolf

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I went to Hibdon's, they charged me to fix a flat there. took 2 hours too. Discount tire warrantied tires not bought there, and mounted/balanced, and installed 6 tires on a 36 ft rv in 30 minutes.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Discount to put tires on my truck a month or two ago. cheapest price, very fast, clean and nice. very pleased with the overall experience.

We have been using Tires Plus(aka Hibdon's) for work. I have gotten tired of dropping a truck of at 8 and not getting a call till 3pm to come pick it up. My recent experience with Tires Plus is they have hit a volume of sales where they can afford to make you wait. They know some customers will be irritated but the majority will deal with it. Any other tire purchases we have for work will be through Discount not Tires Plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom