Top Shot TV show on The History Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, the secret is out, IPSC/USPSA/MULTI-GUN shooters can't shoot! I guess they are only good at making fast noises and scattering lead into the atmossphere. Most of them can't even throw a knife and everyone knows how easy that is. And a Tomahawk?...get oudahere!! I am glad a true "skill based" show like this one will show us who the Top Shot truely is.:D

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody is saying that Kurt....folks are merely offering up the very simple and obvious observation that the 'professional shooters' are serving up underwhelming performances on a shooting show.

For the record, most of them went out with class....not offering excuses...just doling out handshakes and congratulations to the other guy.

Other people making excuses for them with talk about knives, Glocks, and the trigger finger of the guy who sighted in the gun just makes it more entertaining. ;)

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh now guys it is all ment in fun, I can laugh at myself and I can laugh at the comments...and it seems that the action crowd, at least on this show, CAN'T SHOOT! I wasn't picking on anyone....darn inter-web can't detect the subtle neuances of humor! I think the whole things is a joke anyway so it hardly matters what the comments say, I mean common it aint hardly about the shootin! Beside Mike's girl friend adds a certain gene se qua to the show!

Now on a serious side many of the top action shooters do in fact only use one gun...their match gun (true of any type of competition shooting BTW). Why do you think they are so good with them? General shooting suffers for it! Everyone should shoot a revolver every once in a while as well as a Glock with a New York trigger and a stock AR and anything else that has a terrible trigger just to remind themselves of what it is like and how to deal with it.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the current rate this show could have a swim suit competition in just seven more seasons. We've already seen a dramatic increase in the number of tears shed from last season. In a few more seasons we will combine Miss America, biggest loser and Top Shot into one wildly entertaining family show. Besides anybody who can't shoot a model 29 DAO doesn't deserve any kind of shooting title.

John Z Sr.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh now guys it is all ment in fun, I can laugh at myself and I can laugh at the comments...and it seems that the action crowd, at least on this show, CAN'T SHOOT! I wasn't picking on anyone....darn inter-web can't detect the subtle neuances of humor! I think the whole things is a joke anyway so it hardly matters what the comments say, I mean common it aint hardly about the shootin! Beside Mike's girl friend adds a certain gene se qua to the show!

Now on a serious side many of the top action shooters do in fact only use one gun...their match gun (true of any type of competition shooting BTW). Why do you think they are so good with them? General shooting suffers for it! Everyone should shoot a revolver every once in a while as well as a Glock with a New York trigger and a stock AR and anything else that has a terrible trigger just to remind themselves of what it is like and how to deal with it.

Great point, you are correct on the one gun thing, but I do know Chris T. personally (matter of fact just 2 hours ago, he made me an offer on my Glock 17 with a bunch of extras that I DID refuse, ha ha) but he CAN shoot just about anything that goes bang. I've shot with him over the years, and for those of you that don't know any of these National level champs, one episode of a TV show is not how they really shoot. Just my opinion, thanks.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've met a couple of national champions from other disciplines besides USPSA/IPSC and they understood that its a one shot match. From what I've seen from Top Shot it appears that USPSA shooters have a hard time with that concept.

Latest posts

Top Bottom