What’s a good .22lr handgun option for plinking/ the occasional vermin removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ruger single six revolver that I like a lot. What I like most about it I can shoot almost any ammo out of it. I live in city limits so, if I want to take care of a problem quietly I use a CB short which is very quiet for a non suppressed 22. If I have a snake in a hen's nest or lined pond, I use a birdshot round in it. Otherwise it's just fun to shoot.

vince-m

Marksman
Reaction score
ruger miv 5.5" bull barrel or 6" standard barrel, which is my favorite also. then my new tactical.
E6766135-92B3-4927-839F-A27C2FA36026.jpeg

scramp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Love my Ruger 22/45. It's light, easy to handle and get sight picture. Also, I'm a 1911 guy so the controls are familiar. I also have a suppressor, so the threaded barrel is a bonus. It's still very easy to handle with a suppressor mounted.

Best gun for changing out to different barrels (Tac Sol). Mine has iron sights with another barrel with a red dot. I also have a Competition with the heavy bull barrel, but a competition trigger. Mix and match, suppressed or not. Just transfer the bolt between barrels and you are good to go. Multiple shooting options rather than a bunch of guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom