What superstitions do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not really a superstition...but more of a tradition, but my dad and I always used to listed to Wild and Blue by John Anderson. It all started in 1982 after my dad killed his "buck of a lifetime". When we got back to the truck that song was playing on the radio. We sang it all the way back to Barnsdall. We bought a cassette and used to pop it in the player on our first trip to the field every year. My father is no longer with us, but I put it on a CD and now my 15 year old son and I do the same thing every year.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not really a superstition...but more of a tradition, but my dad and I always used to listed to Wild and Blue by John Anderson. It all started in 1982 after my dad killed his "buck of a lifetime". When we got back to the truck that song was playing on the radio. We sang it all the way back to Barnsdall. We bought a cassette and used to pop it in the player on our first trip to the field every year. My father is no longer with us, but I put it on a CD and now my 15 year old son and I do the same thing every year.

While it's an odd tradition, it's a cool tradition, and cool that it is getting passed through the generations.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

This is one of the coolest posts I have read . Thanks for sharing.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This x3
I always liked that song "Wild & Blue" and that is a cool tradition with a deep meaning for you and your son. Keep it going!

For my superstition or lucky tradition, I always HAVE to hunt the Tuesday after opening weekend of Black Powder season, no matter what. It could be because until last year I had killed a nice buck on that Tuesday for three years in a row.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've worn the same pair of tightie-whities for 10 years now,j/k! no real superstitions but find myself in a routine that has taken place every year for many. nothing big,just little things that i repeat every year. i suppose in my mind that if i don't do these things i won't be successful.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've worn the same pair of tightie-whities for 10 years now,j/k! no real superstitions but find myself in a routine that has taken place every year for many. nothing big,just little things that i repeat every year. i suppose in my mind that if i don't do these things i won't be successful.

Know what ya mean. Get out of the truck, walk to the blind, get out of the blind, come home.
Same things I repeat every year....LOL!

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snickers candy bar duck hunting. Had one first time i ever duck huunted when i was about 13?. Everytime i ate it right after or soon after we would have ducks come in it seems. Never duck hunt without one lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom