What's your all time favorite car or truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1957 Bel Air No post 2 door hardtop in Tropical turquoise with an India Ivory roof. That is my bucket list car. My dad (blackrifle) has a pretty sweet 68 Chevy half ton long bed that he's had a long time that I remember riding to school in. That began my love for loud smallblocks!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was much younger, I owned--at various times--a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 440, a '70 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440, and a 440-powered '70 Dodge Charger RT/SE. But the first car I ever bought brand-new came along after all of those Mopars were gone, and it was even more fun to drive than they were. 1983 Volkswagen GTI. Damn, I miss that car.
thYH4B9UM2.jpg

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If money was no problem I'd love a highly customized Ford Model A 2 door Sedan. Fat tires and independent pushrod suspension all around, big brakes, twin turbo 427 LSX, 7spd manual, and a luxurious interior.

For a practical daily driver I couldn't ask for more than a 6spd Mk6 VW Golf TDI.

For a stock vehicle in a somewhat reasonable price range I'd go for an Ariel Nomad.

maxresdefault.jpg

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My favorite was my first new car and it was a real powerful car, a 1969 Chevelle SS 396 (L78 option) 4-speed positrac. I wonder if my mom and dad have any pics of it, I don't think I do. Bought the car the last week of July 1969 in Wichita Ks. for $3200.00. $500.00 down and payments for 36 months at $85.00 a month. The car had 1200 miles, it was traded back to the dealer.. too hot for the original buyer. With factory wide ovals that car would go sideways when you hit 3rd gear. Scary fast. I sure wish I still had it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If money was no problem I'd love a highly customized Ford Model A 2 door Sedan. Fat tires and independent pushrod suspension all around, big brakes, twin turbo 427 LSX, 7spd manual, and a luxurious interior.

For a practical daily driver I couldn't ask for more than a 6spd Mk6 VW Golf TDI.

For a stock vehicle in a somewhat reasonable price range I'd go for an Ariel Nomad.

maxresdefault.jpg
Love the looks of that beast, but how did it keep the mud out of the fender wells from packing in and not much ground clearance?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite was my first new car and it was a real powerful car, a 1969 Chevelle SS 396 (L78 option) 4-speed positrac. I wonder if my mom and dad have any pics of it, I don't think I do. Bought the car the last week of July 1969 in Wichita Ks. for $3200.00. $500.00 down and payments for 36 months at $85.00 a month. The car had 1200 miles, it was traded back to the dealer.. too hot for the original buyer. With factory wide ovals that car would go sideways when you hit 3rd gear. Scary fast. I sure wish I still had it.
The issue with the 396 was the push rods bending. My uncle was a mechanic at a chevy dealership. That was his only complaint on the 396. I drove his Chevelle a couple of times, and your right. It was fast.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 375 hp 4 speed chevelle was a hotrod for sure!!!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's got a fairly long travel suspension. The fenders move up and down with the wheels.
I made the comment because my old Trials Bike (not as cool looking as the one in the pic) would travel up and down with the suspension, but if in the mud, it would pack up between the fender and the front tire would basically lock up. That was the end of your day.
It played havoc on the shocks as well. The mud would pack on the front of the shocks and be like a grinder, eating all the way to the seals.

unnamed_3_0.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom