Where were you during Y2K?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just asking. Given the fact the Date was January first, New Years Day, and most people celebrated that holiday with wine, women, and song, do you remember?

I'll make up uhh tell you my story later. Mine lasted a month and started before Y2K.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just asking. Given the fact the Date was January first, New Years Day, and most people celebrated that holiday with wine, women, and song, do you remember?

I'll make up uhh tell you my story later. Mine lasted a month and started before Y2K.
Just like almost every New Year’s Eve, I was at home with my wife, also had another couple over and all our kids. We had grilled steaks and shrimp for dinner and some champagne at midnight. Set off 2000 blackcats at midnight. Cause it was Y2K 😃

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at work. I was a store manager at that time and our computer got updated and I had to be there in case stuff didn't work right. Luckily, there were no issues at all, just another day.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife kids and I went to her grandfathers farm in Missouri.
Oil burring heater and 80 acres and quiet.
Would not matter if you had power or not there.

I remember it well.
Mother -in-law was cooking fried chicken in a deep plug in skillet.
She poured the cooking oil into it and less than 30 seconds later started laying breaded chicken into that cold oil.

Yea I will eat almost anything but this I know was not going to be very good.

I got the kids and headed out with a .22 rifle in hand.
Came back with a couple rabbits and a couple squirrels and skinned and deboned them and about the time I had them all cleaned up
the MIL was pulling the last of chicken from the now hot fry oil.

I stepped up with my fresh killed game and breaded and fried it.

When everyone was about full my father-in-law asked if there was any more rabbit or squirrel. I said No it is all gone.
His wife smiled and said there is more chicken.
He said NO I do not want any more chicken looking down at his plate and shaking his head.

OUCH!

Latest posts

Top Bottom