Whoa!! Trail Camera Shocked Me Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get permission to kill transient elk, but don't do it unless its in writing.
Guy shot a bull elk in Osage county on one of the big ranches there.
Cut the head off and dragged it around for a couple of days showing it off. Somebody called a GW.
The fine was huge, but nowhere near what he had to pay to replace the animal. I've slept a couple of times since this happened, but I think it was around $11000.00.
I'll ask the Osage GW the next time I see him.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The one was that was shot near Log Cabin Corner I believe was a local coach and he was fined to some extent. There was another one possibly near Cookson if my memory serves me correct, in which a dad placed his younger son down and said shoot the first deer that walks out (or something similar). The young hunter unfortunately shot an elk. Think there was a fine there too.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this happened years ago on my grandfathers property. It sits on the back side of cherokee game refuge. My dad said it was ten grand. The boy thought he killed a world record whitetail.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3

Latest posts

Top Bottom