Whoa!! Trail Camera Shocked Me Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard moose is top of the line over everything. We were in Denver a couple of years ago at that restaurant that serves game on the menu. Glad I wasn't picking up the tab. They were out of moose at the time, but I suspect it was all farm raised game, and not wild. Went with the Elk on that one.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ever tried Caribou?

My friend that moved to Loveland, CO went with a group last year for Caribou near Prudhoe Bay.........caribou is now at the top of his list he said, trumping all of the deer family. I've not tried it though. Would have to be really good be beat elk or moose.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend that moved to Loveland, CO went with a group last year for Caribou near Prudhoe Bay.........caribou is now at the top of his list he said, trumping all of the deer family. I've not tried it though. Would have to be really good be beat elk or moose.

I can't speak for moose, but in my opinion it blows elk out of the water. And I really like elk!

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Friends had a lone cow elk on camera roaming just a few short miles from where I live. Stayed there all winter last year but haven't heard if it is still around. We have actually had 3 or 4 different elk sightings in the last 20 years or so that I am aware of.

Also, here is a pretty cool pic of a wild Dewey County elk from this year. Large heard over there of over a hundred that is a nuisance to farmers and ranchers. There is more transient ones then most people think. Several have been seen, shot and hit by cars around Log Cabin Corner NW of Woodward. I used to see a decent size resident herd N of Guymon that also was a nuisance to cornfields. Deweycountyelk_zpsc90f93e2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom