Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey you shade tree mechanics, what are your qualifications to perform vehicle maintenance? The condition of a vehicle running the speed limit on a highway is probably as important as the abilities of the driver of a speeding vehicle.

Don't put my life at risk just so you can save a couple of dollars, do the right thing have your autos professionally maintained.

I'm not paying $150 for an oil change each month... especially when those shops won't follow the manufacturer's recommendations...

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey you shade tree mechanics, what are your qualifications to perform vehicle maintenance? The condition of a vehicle running the speed limit on a highway is probably as important as the abilities of the driver of a speeding vehicle.

Don't put my life at risk just so you can save a couple of dollars, do the right thing have your autos professionally maintained.

your life isn't at risk from my vehicles trust me...I get my tires mounted and balanced professionally, and alignment done professionally. ball joints, suspension, motor, transmission, tire rotation, etc. are all cake.

But hey if you want me to have em professionally maintained and it is such a crucial matter to you feel free to pick up the tab.

my credentials? I've worked everywhere from jiffy lube up to performance shops.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not paying $150 for an oil change each month... especially when those shops won't follow the manufacturer's recommendations...

$150? Damn! No wonder you do it yourself. But an oil change probably isn't going to lead to a catastrophic failure that will put my life in jeopardy.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LOL, qualification. You put too much faith in those certificates they hand out to oil techs they sent to a few weeks of training.

I have had more things messed up using a dealer or shop than I have ever messed up myself. I do all my own wrenching on my car, my wifes car & other immediate family. No need to go pay some guy $60/hr to follow a book for flagged hours on a repair & charge you way too much when it can be fixed in a driveway for a fraction & still be fixed properly. I do not hold very much faith in today ASE mechanics as I did years ago. Too many of them only rely on computers now days. Kinda like the Autozone employees, LOL.

Only thing I cant do myself is mount & balance tires, but I always stand in the bay & watch their every movement when I take my car in. I also pull it in & out for them too cause I dont like people I dont know driving my car, LOL.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again.... left lane...

amoviesmedia.ign.com_movies_image_article_723_723427_talladegac6717263d7cd7c35400cb50860f220dc.jpg

Right lane....

athedawnchorus.files.wordpress.com_2008_07_flo_mormon042708b_21221c.jpg

"What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!"

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the people driving slow in the passing lane are far more dangerous than people going 80 on the highway in the passing lane. We have the worst state in the country for idiots doing 60 in the left lane when the speed limit is 65-75. I think they are just as deserving of a ticket as the speeders.

I also hate that everybody runs red lights. I've felt a few times like I barely got through only to see 2 or 3 more cars behind me coming through. Speeding in town is more dangerous and less rewarding. I don't recommend it. I don't have a problem with it on the highway where it isn't stop and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom