Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
typically no...unless the speed limit is 70...why waste the extra gas? I stopped speeding after I had a blow out on I35 doin 80 ish....realized just not worth it.

I trust myself but don't see any reason to speed anymore

You need to slow down, how do I know you're not in the bottom 10%? Maybe we should have different speed limits based on the condition & type of vehicle.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well what I hate are the people who drive the speed limit, and who have NEVER had their speedometer checked for accuracy. (Most varry by at least 5 mph from what the car/truck/bike are actually doing, an accepted fact by L.E. who "allow" a certain amount of "overage"). They sit in the passing lane and smugly drive what they think is the limit...and it is ...for their car...5-10 mph LESS than posted, and won't get out of the way because they are determined to only drive the "limit" and since they do so should YOU!. Before anyone gets all self rightous here go get your speedometer checked and certified, then you might have a genuine gripe!

Great example of this was my father in law. the road by his holuse was badged 60 for years. Everytime I went any where with him he got STEAMED, you see everyonje on that road was a damn speeder and tail-gater.....EVERYONE!! Untill one day I timed him doing his "I AM GOING THE SPEED LIMIT, SO CAN THEY, DAMN IT!!! DRIVE, between two mile markers. It took his Toyota 4 runner 77 seconds to drive the measured mile. Now just for the math folks here it should take around 60 seconds to drive that distance, and in fact his Toy was reading 60 mph but it was really doing 51 mph. Long story short...off to the speedo shop, got it calibrated, and the amount of "DAMN SPEEDERS" dropped almost to zero on his road! Go figure. KurtM

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well what I hate are the people who drive the speed limit, and who have NEVER had their speedometer checked for accuracy. (Most varry by at least 5 mph from what the car/truck/bike are actually doing, an accepted fact by L.E. who "allow" a certain amount of "overage"). They sit in the passing lane and smugly drive what they think is the limit...and it is ...for their car...5-10 mph LESS than posted, and won't get out of the way because they are determined to only drive the "limit" and since they do so should YOU!. Before anyone gets all self rightous here go get your speedometer checked and certified, then you might have a genuine gripe!

Does using the speedo, scanguage, and gps to monitor speed count?

TRLail

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have the need for speed, but I limit myself to 5 or 10 over...but I HATE getting trapped behind two 18 wheelers trying to pass up hill...Arrrrrgggggh!!!! M O V E !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom