Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the people driving slow in the passing lane are far more dangerous than people going 80 on the highway in the passing lane. We have the worst state in the country for idiots doing 60 in the left lane when the speed limit is 65-75. I think they are just as deserving of a ticket as the speeders.

I also hate that everybody runs red lights. I've felt a few times like I barely got through only to see 2 or 3 more cars behind me coming through. Speeding in town is more dangerous and less rewarding. I don't recommend it. I don't have a problem with it on the highway where it isn't stop and go.

You must not have been to many other states.
I see 5-10 cars run reds lights every evening on my way home from work..The sad part is I live only a few minutes from work.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must not have been to many other states.
I see 5-10 cars run reds lights every evening on my way home from work..The sad part is I live only a few minutes from work.
Well I haven't been to all but driven in about 30 of them. The left lane idiots get worse as soon as you cross the state line coming into Oklahoma and as soon as you leave people start moving over. We have great people in the state, they just don't have a clue about driving on the highway.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I haven't been to all but driven in about 30 of them. The left lane idiots get worse as soon as you cross the state line coming into Oklahoma and as soon as you leave people start moving over. We have great people in the state, they just don't have a clue about driving on the highway.

On the highway? Please. They don't have a clue in general. I love people trying to pass from the right on the BA in Tulsa before the ramp to 44. It's simple, don't pass from the right and don't stay in the left lane unless you're intending to turn left or you're passing and if someone comes up behind you get over.

Scariest thing here is when it starts to rain... people in this state think the sky is falling or something and their driving gets 10x worse than it already is even with just a light sprinkle.

Oklahoma has the worst drivers I've ever encountered in any state. Maybe that's why our roads are in such poor condition. If you want to mess with drivers in places like Dallas or Los Angeles, be polite because they simply won't trust you. If you leave a gap to let someone in they won't take it but that half car length they'll try to jam themselves in because they think they're being sneaky.

As for speeding, if you're in the right lane like you're supposed to be you shouldn't even care when I pass you in the left lane :)

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the highway? Please. They don't have a clue in general. I love people trying to pass from the right on the BA in Tulsa before the ramp to 44. It's simple, don't pass from the right and don't stay in the left lane unless you're intending to turn left or you're passing and if someone comes up behind you get over.

Scariest thing here is when it starts to rain... people in this state think the sky is falling or something and their driving gets 10x worse than it already is even with just a light sprinkle.

Oklahoma has the worst drivers I've ever encountered in any state. Maybe that's why our roads are in such poor condition. If you want to mess with drivers in places like Dallas or Los Angeles, be polite because they simply won't trust you. If you leave a gap to let someone in they won't take it but that half car length they'll try to jam themselves in because they think they're being sneaky.

As for speeding, if you're in the right lane like you're supposed to be you shouldn't even care when I pass you in the left lane :)

Sounds like Alaska in the snow. People automatically drive 10-15mph faster for some reason. The best part is driving a fwd car and seeing all of those big stupid trucks in the ditches stuck.

don wiggins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
An older lady gets pulled over for speeding...

Older Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?

Officer: Ma'am, you were speeding.

Older Woman: Oh, I see.

Officer: Can I see your license please?

Older Woman: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.

Officer: Don't have one?

Older Woman: Lost it, 4 years ago for drunk driving.

Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.

Older Woman: I can't do that.

Officer: Why not?

Older Woman: I stole this car.

Officer: Stole it?

Older Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.

Officer: You what?

Older Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you
want
to see.
The Officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and
calls
for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior
officer
slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please! The
woman
steps out of her vehicle.

Older woman: Is there a problem sir?

Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car
and
murdered the owner.

Older Woman: Murdered the owner?

Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?

Older Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers. The officer is
quite
stunned.

Officer 2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving
license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands
it to
the officer.

The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer 2: Thank you ma'am, one of my officers told me you didn't
have a
license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up
the
owner.

Older Woman: Bet the liar told you I was speeding, too.

MORAL:

Don't Mess With Little Old Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom