Why can't you all just go the speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awareness is far more important than if you are doing 10 over as far as safety is concerned. People with their head up their a$$ cause far more accidents than people doing 5-10 over.

I wonder how long it takes you non speeders to pass a semi on the interstate? It drives me nuts when people just seem content to drive in a semi's blind spot for miles. There are a hundred things that can happen next to a semi and they are all bad. Pass the truck as quickly as possible, I assure you that is safer than waiting on a tire to blow or trucker to change lanes on you.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awareness is far more important than if you are doing 10 over as far as safety is concerned. People with their head up their a$$ cause far more accidents than people doing 5-10 over.

I wonder how long it takes you non speeders to pass a semi on the interstate? It drives me nuts when people just seem content to drive in a semi's blind spot for miles. There are a hundred things that can happen next to a semi and they are all bad. Pass the truck as quickly as possible, I assure you that is safer than waiting on a tire to blow or trucker to change lanes on you.

I completely agree.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not assuming I know you at all. I'm just taking the facts and finding the end of the equation. Again I say, if you were not speeding you would not have been present for her to run you off the road.

Remember that 5 seconds per mile I mentioned earlier? You would have been well behind her, and I doubt you were only doing 5 over. Doesn't make me look like a jack whatever.
I tell you what does though! Picking which laws you feel apply to you! If for no other reason, it's illegal, but I guess you are better than that law or maybe all laws?

I'm sure your coherent enough to know which laws you should follow and which were obviously written for someone else....(sarcasticly written)

That timing argument works both ways. Sometimes it will work out in your benefit, sometimes it won't.

Sorry, LOGIC FAIL
:smash:

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Speeding to pass is different. I'm talking about people who speed all of the time.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not assuming I know you at all. I'm just taking the facts and finding the end of the equation. Again I say, if you were not speeding you would not have been present for her to run you off the road.

Remember that 5 seconds per mile I mentioned earlier? You would have been well behind her, and I doubt you were only doing 5 over. Doesn't make me look like a jack whatever.
I tell you what does though! Picking which laws you feel apply to you! If for no other reason, it's illegal, but I guess you are better than that law or maybe all laws?

I'm sure your coherent enough to know which laws you should follow and which were obviously written for someone else....(sarcasticly written)

I don't speed because I think that Im better then that law or any law. It's the way I like to drive, in my 20 years driving that way, it never harmed anyone but my pocket, why is that bother you?? Why ask why?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hyporcritical that we will all flame someone for reckless use of a firearm, but somehow give a free pass to someone breaking the speed limit with a vehicle that is more dangerous than a firearm. Reckless use of a firearm might hurt the owner or an innocent bystander.....a fast moving car can kill whole families.
Your desire to break the law does not over ride my desire to obey the law.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry but 5-10 mph over is not the same as reckless driving. If you want to drive the speed limit great, just don't drive under or be pissed when you get passed.

BTW while we are airing some pet peeves, if a tractor is driving off to the side of the road for you to pass, don't pussyfoot around. I am not going to drive in the ditch for a half mile while you decide if you can pass or not.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5-10 miles over the speed limit is breaking the law. For some reason speeders believe their time and road space is more important to themselves than those of us who want to do the speed limit.

Your desire to break the law does not over ride my desire to obey the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom