Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Marksman
Reaction score
Mine is simple, the 327 Ruger LCR fits comfortably in my pocket, and I don’t have to wear an uncomfortable or hard to hide holster. Which in turn means that I actually will carry it pretty religiously.

Doesn’t hurt that I don’t stress about the cleaning schedule as much
I am not fist fighting with anyone, nor chasing anyone, nor subduing anyone, and so carry my 681 (or 1911 or CZ75 or etc) mex, holsters on my wiry frame pretty much nix concealed with the added bulk not to mention loss of comfort. Pocketable pistols of any variety always have less horsepower than longer barrels, so, am not a pocket pistol guy (parka weather excluded), and stick with the largest I can manage, waistband draw far faster (parka weather excluded). As stated in the 681 thread, it seems to have eclipsed others as my carry gun, a far better do-it-all .357 round than the 9mm or .45ACP, whether shooting through barriers or finishing a maimed deer at roadside, manual of arms "squeeze trigger" and "failure to fire--squeeze trigger".

Last edited:

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the Country, the Revolver is King. Bigger caliber availability, better accuracy, simplicity without worrying too much about it getting dirty and when I have my J frame while fishing I have birdshot for snakes as well. For more of an EDC, I could see many people with limitations carrying a .22 as it takes out the negative of rimfire.

Plus, they're cool...I want a Smith 43C
And federal has .22 “punch” rounds. Supposed to be a better defense .22 round.

mtngunr

Marksman
Reaction score
And federal has .22 “punch” rounds. Supposed to be a better defense .22 round.
Pretty much any rimfire, to include hi-vel Shorts, from any handgun has enough mojo to reach spine or brain from any angle, provided not a RN prone to deflection, and those CNS hits pretty much the only sure instant thing no matter the caliber, weapon or critter...all I ask of a non-magnum rimfire is that it reach in and get'em where they live, and I do not expect anything better, no matter the press or gel tests.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom