Why is there a 22LR ammo shortage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
: ) If WE don't think about them ( the children) and what they are going to be interested in, and be willing to fight for, who will..........

OBAMA! Yeah, Leave it to OBAMA and that bunch to point them in the right direction : )

He's has lots of influence on them as we speak. They are being bombarded daily with the BS. Molding the future of this Country! It BETTER be on our agenda's.....because ya can dang sure bet it's on theirs!!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that us fellow gunowners would try to look out for each other, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Well, if any of the Lawton Fat Guys are short on .22 I'll be glad to let them have some for what I paid for it at WalMart. If I run short I can always get up at 5:00am to replace it; just have to get there early enough to be in line ahead of the other vultures.

By the way, I think you and JonDough are on the money - the shortage on .22LR is at least in part artificially created. I've seen it come in several cases at a time to be sold out in 30 minutes or less to the same people who are there when the counter opens almost every morning.

I still think that if it were stocked when it comes in during the afternoon or evening - or at other random times throughout the day - much of the appearance of "shortage" would disappear. On the other hand, I saw a lady who waited for hours every day at one store for the gun shipment to arrive and be unloaded, then bought each and every Colt AR that came off the truck.

: ) If WE don't think about them ( the children) and what they are going to be interested in, and be willing to fight for, who will..........

OBAMA! Yeah, Leave it to OBAMA and that bunch to point them in the right direction : )

He's has lots of influence on them as we speak. They are being bombarded daily with the BS. Molding the future of this Country! It BETTER be on our agenda's.....because ya can dang sure bet it's on theirs!!
+1000 this.

Last edited:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JD called out "hoarders and resellers."

I did not see that, but you are correct.

I will say that in my humble opinion, I have no problem with someone buying it to shoot or stockpile for a rainy day. I only have a problem with those who are solely buying to resell and leaving nothing for the rest of us.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if any of the Lawton Fat Guys are short on .22 I'll be glad to let them have some for what I paid for it at WalMart. If I run short I can always get up at 5:00am to replace it; just have to get there early enough to be in line ahead of the other vultures.

That is a mighty nice offer Jon. :clap3:

See folks, that is what I am talking about. A fellow gun owner trying to help out other gun owners, not trying to screw a brother over for a buck.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JD called out "hoarders and resellers."
Well - he's right in the sense that they (we?) contribute to the problem, though I feel justified (as you apparently do also) in purchasing for my own use - or even for friends - as opposed to purchasing to resell at inflated prices.

I'd submit that another large contributor to the problem is the person who is clueless or desperate enough to pay the inflated prices, but there's not much that can be done about that either other than kvetch and perhaps hope one or two of them see a post here and there and realize they're being taken to the cleaners.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22LR ammo

Everyone should be able to have enough ammo.......there is NOTHING wrong with buying what you need. There's nothing wrong with stocking up. It's these jackwagons that have a blood lust for it ( And nothing else to do evidently) that are causing the problems.

I also said there's nothing wrong with stocking up. And it IS just MY opinion...which won't buy ya a cup of coffee..LOL

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well - he's right in the sense that they (we?) contribute to the problem, though I feel justified (as you apparently do also) in purchasing for my own use - or even for friends - as opposed to purchasing to resell at inflated prices.

I'd submit that another large contributor to the problem is the person who is clueless or desperate enough to pay the inflated prices, but there's not much that can be done about that either other than kvetch and perhaps hope one or two of them see a post here and there and realize they're being taken to the cleaners.

Yep!! People have got to quit enabling the resellers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom