Will you ever vote Republican Again or At All?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1 of those actually implemented "Conservative" policies though....

Who and what?

..but of course a real discussion about that needs to dive into the many facets and styles of American Conservatism.

Trump may have mirrored some aspects but he fell wildly short on others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this debate many times. Trump has had good policies from the republican stand point and has done pretty much what he said he would do when he first running his campaign. Like him or hate him, the people voted for what he said he would do and he did it.
His mouth and ego will forever be his issue.

I had a client tell me that if Trump would have simply kept his mouth shut, stayed off of Twitter, and spoke with humility, he would probably go down as the most accomplished republican president we have ever had. Not the most liked but the most accomplished.

I tend to agree with that comment; however, Trump being Trump led to his demise on obtaining a second term. I agree that voting practices put into place in many states were not lawful, so as to the argument about state legislatures deciding on voting laws instead of the Governors who pushed things through. If Trump would have acted differently in a few areas, I don't think the voting would have been close enough to have to worry about the votes the other way.

My 2 cents.

I like what you said, but I wish to pitch in an extra penny: I believe the Democrats and the left in general couldn't care less about Trumps's 'mouth' and truly hate him for what he has accomplished and for setting them back decades. That said, the left did use Trump's remarks as fodder to spin and twist to their advantage along with their apparent foibles. All in all, I truly believe they hate him for his good-for-the-country deeds.

Woody

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who and what?

..but of course a real discussion about that needs to dive into the many facets and styles of American Conservatism.

Trump may have mirrored some aspects but he fell wildly short on others.

You and I aren't going to agree on this to say the very least. It's hilarious to put those three in any asemblance of similarity.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and I aren't going to agree on this to say the very least. It's hilarious to put those three in any asemblance of similarity.

Similarity in that they aren’t what used to be considered Conservatives. That’s not hilarious or illogical at all.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Similarity in that they aren’t what used to be considered Conservatives. That’s not hilarious or illogical at all.

Like I said.... 2 of those 3 fit that bill. One could be considered a Conservative and applied that in his policies. But yeah, to include those all in the same bunch is hilarious.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this debate many times. Trump has had good policies from the republican stand point and has done pretty much what he said he would do when he first running his campaign. Like him or hate him, the people voted for what he said he would do and he did it.
His mouth and ego will forever be his issue.

I had a client tell me that if Trump would have simply kept his mouth shut, stayed off of Twitter, and spoke with humility, he would probably go down as the most accomplished republican president we have ever had. Not the most liked but the most accomplished.

I tend to agree with that comment; however, Trump being Trump led to his demise on obtaining a second term. I agree that voting practices put into place in many states were not lawful, so as to the argument about state legislatures deciding on voting laws instead of the Governors who pushed things through. If Trump would have acted differently in a few areas, I don't think the voting would have been close enough to have to worry about the votes the other way.

My 2 cents.

This post is me!,!

Latest posts

Top Bottom