Anyone buy all their vehicles in CL or online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t use it. There are tons of deals there. Just can’t bring myself to mess with it.
Its a huge headache to buy or sell anything. Can be entertaining though, and there can be some deals to be made. I snagged up my current computer, a workstation that i intend on using for a homelab, for $400. It has $500 worth of ram in it alone.

To echo @swampratt's sentiments about CVT Transmissions, I also say stay away. There hasnt been a "good" one made yet. Especially with hondas. I had a 2015 accord with every option with the 4 banger and CVT. Not only was it a turd, but I made mediocre fuel economy (27-29mpgs) and it consumed oil worse than any vehicle I have ever driven. It only had 60k miles on it when I sold it, but it consumed 5 quarts of oil every other month. Worse than my 2004 cummins with 240k miles, performance mods and worse than my 2005 infinit g35 with performance mods, 220k miles, and a leaky oil pan. also, it made worse fuel economy than the car I traded it in on, a 2015 BMW M4 with 600hp, which made 25 in town and 30-32 on road trips doing over 100 most of the way. My mom's 2014 CRX with a CVT was almost as bad at oil consumption, and only made 22mpgs. It was also hell to work on.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a huge headache to buy or sell anything. Can be entertaining though, and there can be some deals to be made. I snagged up my current computer, a workstation that i intend on using for a homelab, for $400. It has $500 worth of ram in it alone.

To echo @swampratt's sentiments about CVT Transmissions, I also say stay away. There hasnt been a "good" one made yet. Especially with hondas. I had a 2015 accord with every option with the 4 banger and CVT. Not only was it a turd, but I made mediocre fuel economy (27-29mpgs) and it consumed oil worse than any vehicle I have ever driven. It only had 60k miles on it when I sold it, but it consumed 5 quarts of oil every other month. Worse than my 2004 cummins with 240k miles, performance mods and worse than my 2005 infinit g35 with performance mods, 220k miles, and a leaky oil pan. also, it made worse fuel economy than the car I traded it in on, a 2015 BMW M4 with 600hp, which made 25 in town and 30-32 on road trips doing over 100 most of the way. My mom's 2014 CRX with a CVT was almost as bad at fuel consumption, and only made 22mpgs. It was also hell to work on.
Yeah I don’t even like the newer camrys because they’re too computerized. I would never buy a cvt. Up until now I only wanted manual shift for the reliability.

I think I need a 2006 Camry. I want something to drive the crap out of while I’m fixing up my trucks.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t even like the newer camrys because they’re too computerized. I would never buy a cvt. Up until now I only wanted manual shift for the reliability.

I think I need a 2006 Camry. I want something to drive the crap out of while I’m fixing up my trucks.
that's the body style my sister has, it wont die. She doesn't take care of it and treats it like garbage. Just keeps running. definitely a good buy.

securityinfo

Marksman
Reaction score
If you are considering any Toyota, I would suggest The Car Care Nut Youtube channel. He has excellent advice regarding all Toyota models, from the perspective of a Toyota Master mechanic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom