Conflicted.... Card #7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Society has collapsed. You are well prepared because you've invested a lot of money on your bug-out location and supplies. A local contractor who worked on your property has occupied your shelter with his family before your arrival. He said that your retreat was the only safe place he knew, and that some of his co-workers would probably show up as well. He wants what's best for his family and is uncertain he want's to let you in.
How would you take control of this situation?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Grrrr. Uncertain he wont.let me in?? He has to come out sooner ir later. If not Id move on ir burn the place to the ground. If I could talk him into letting me come in, Might keep him n family, he has skills. Id evaluate the others as they arrived. Id be working with a short fuse, any issues or complications and its time to dig a hole.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Depending on the size of the shelter, he and his family might be a welcome addition, but at the moment, he's not sure he's going to let me in. First thing will be to convince him that I my family is of more use on the INSIDE that out here. I know things about the shelter he doesn't. I know where resources are tucked away, how the water purification system works, where the weak points are, where blind spots may be - which cans and jars of food are intentionally poisoned to take care of intruders. If you have value in his eyes, you're more likely able to gain access.

THEN you can decide of you want to keep HIM in your shelter - but first order of business is gaining entry back into your shelter. Dealing with others as they arrive is a secondary problem that can be dealt with once you've gained entry.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mistake #1 "A local contractor who worked on your property" Its supposed to be a secret bug out not a hotel.

I don't know how I would handle this situation, because you guys have raised good points, the bad thing for him is we have alot of the same skills that he has so is he of any value? Another point is that your location is no longer secret or secure because he has told his 'guys' about it and they've probably told their 'guys' and so on so yeah... I may just nail the doors shut and burn the whole damn thing to the ground and move on.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I try to take the kinder gentler path but this is one time I would probably loose it. If I had arrived dude said hey I'm sorry I didn't know where else to go can we work something out for me to stay and help then we might be okay. But with this scenario all bets are off. poison gas, smoke, sniping from the trees are all on the table....burning it down is very low on my list but if I had to truly abandon it then its coming down. Back to the previous cards dude is a thief stealing from my group punishment will fit the crime.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Society has collapsed. You are well prepared because you've invested a lot of money on your bug-out location and supplies. A local contractor who worked on your property has occupied your shelter with his family before your arrival. He said that your retreat was the only safe place he knew, and that some of his co-workers would probably show up as well. He wants what's best for his family and is uncertain he want's to let you in.
How would you take control of this situation?

Well, if you are smart you planned for this possibility with a work around to any alarms and entries that were not part of the general plans.

He may have skills, but the fact that he got here and is uncertain he wants to let me in means he just signed his own fate.
No matter what skills he has, he will always be an issue in the future.
He has shown that he has no regards for you, period.

As a contractor, he could have made his own bug out location, especially since he did your site.
He shows a total lack of planning other than "I'll let someone else build it and I'll take it."
One way or another, when I gain access, he is gone.
Period.
Poimanently!!!!
Even if I let him live, he is a major security risk.
He has already shown that he has told his buds about it, so I now have to worry about them showing up.
If they show up, their loyalty will be to him not to me.

This is a good reason not to have all of your eggs in one basket and to plan on someone screwing up the works.

Dave

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if you are smart you planned for this possibility with a work around to any alarms and entries that were not part of the general plans.

He may have skills, but the fact that he got here and is uncertain he wants to let me in means he just signed his own fate.
No matter what skills he has, he will always be an issue in the future.
He has shown that he has no regards for you, period.

As a contractor, he could have made his own bug out location, especially since he did your site.
He shows a total lack of planning other than "I'll let someone else build it and I'll take it."
One way or another, when I gain access, he is gone.
Period.
Poimanently!!!!
Even if I let him live, he is a major security risk.
He has already shown that he has told his buds about it, so I now have to worry about them showing up.
If they show up, their loyalty will be to him not to me.

This is a good reason not to have all of your eggs in one basket and to plan on someone screwing up the works.

Dave

Excellent comments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom