Dark Humor Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one!! Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

I was all of 19 years old and started working for a flower shop in Tishomingo while I was in college. It was a GREAT job!! Because it's a predominantly rural area (or was, haven't been back there in probably 40 years or so now) I got to drive all over the place and visit exotic places like Wapanucka ... And sometimes even go to the Big City (Ada) ... Lol

Anyway, because flower shops "do" funerals, I became very familiar with the local funeral home's layout and often just went ahead and set up the flowers I delivered if the guys were busy with other ****. This particular delivery the guy working asked if I could s
"set up" because he was the only one there and kinda busy. Sure. No problem.

The delivery entrance was a garage area under the funeral home where they kept the hearses and a bunch of other ****. And there were a couple of viewing rooms on that lower floor. I have an station wagon FULL of flowers and plants for this one guy. Can't remember the particulars, but it was one of those deaths that kinda rock the community -- I mean everybody in Tish is either related or knows each other anyhow ... 🤷

I am having to CRAM flowers and plants into this teeny tiny room and had JUST set the last plant down in front of the stand the open casket was on. The ONE particular I DO remember about this guy is he had been shot in the face. And I was curious ... Because the casket was open, not closed. 🤔🤔🤭🤭

So ... After I get done making all the **** I delivered pretty I get up close and personal with this guy. I am literally INCHES away from his face looking to see if I can find the entrance wound when SOMETHING GRABS MY ANKLE FROM UNDER THE CASKET AND LETS OUT THE LOUDEST SCREAM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!! 😲😲😲😰😰

I was clear out in the middle of the underground garage before I stopped running and reassessed my situation. I heard uncontrolled laughing from the guys who had been standing in the open doorway behind the curtain that lined one wall (there was a doorway to the prep area they didn't want guests to see so they hung curtains from floor to ceiling on that wall). And I learned some cuss words I didn't know that day -- from the guy who drew the short straw and reached out from under the casket stand and grabbed my ankle -- and invented a few of my own! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I stomped the guy's hand/arm so hard I broke his wrist. And apparently at some point during my escape I kicked him in the face (though I never actually saw him) because one whole side of his face looked like he had run face first into a brick wall. 🤣🤣🤣

And yes, they did have to pick up the casket and set everything back up. 🤦🤦 And they also had to replace more than a few flower arrangements 🤭🤭 but the owner said it was more than worth it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sorry bastards!! Lol I am not ashamed to admit I had to go home and change. Yes, I wet my pants! 🤣🤣🤣 Probably lucky I didn't **** them, too! 🤣🤣 We were ALWAYS doing **** like that to each other. Bastards ... Lol

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one!! Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

I was all of 19 years old and started working for a flower shop in Tishomingo while I was in college. It was a GREAT job!! Because it's a predominantly rural area (or was, haven't been back there in probably 40 years or so now) I got to drive all over the place and visit exotic places like Wapanucka ... And sometimes even go to the Big City (Ada) ... Lol

Anyway, because flower shops "do" funerals, I became very familiar with the local funeral home's layout and often just went ahead and set up the flowers I delivered if the guys were busy with other ****. This particular delivery the guy working asked if I could s
"set up" because he was the only one there and kinda busy. Sure. No problem.

The delivery entrance was a garage area under the funeral home where they kept the hearses and a bunch of other ****. And there were a couple of viewing rooms on that lower floor. I have an station wagon FULL of flowers and plants for this one guy. Can't remember the particulars, but it was one of those deaths that kinda rock the community -- I mean everybody in Tish is either related or knows each other anyhow ... 🤷

I am having to CRAM flowers and plants into this teeny tiny room and had JUST set the last plant down in front of the stand the open casket was on. The ONE particular I DO remember about this guy is he had been shot in the face. And I was curious ... Because the casket was open, not closed. 🤔🤔🤭🤭

So ... After I get done making all the **** I delivered pretty I get up close and personal with this guy. I am literally INCHES away from his face looking to see if I can find the entrance wound when SOMETHING GRABS MY ANKLE FROM UNDER THE CASKET AND LETS OUT THE LOUDEST SCREAM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!! 😲😲😲😰😰

I was clear out in the middle of the underground garage before I stopped running and reassessed my situation. I heard uncontrolled laughing from the guys who had been standing in the open doorway behind the curtain that lined one wall (there was a doorway to the prep area they didn't want guests to see so they hung curtains from floor to ceiling on that wall). And I learned some cuss words I didn't know that day -- from the guy who drew the short straw and reached out from under the casket stand and grabbed my ankle -- and invented a few of my own! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I stomped the guy's hand/arm so hard I broke his wrist. And apparently at some point during my escape I kicked him in the face (though I never actually saw him) because one whole side of his face looked like he had run face first into a brick wall. 🤣🤣🤣

And yes, they did have to pick up the casket and set everything back up. 🤦🤦 And they also had to replace more than a few flower arrangements 🤭🤭 but the owner said it was more than worth it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sorry bastards!! Lol I am not ashamed to admit I had to go home and change. Yes, I wet my pants! 🤣🤣🤣 Probably lucky I didn't **** them, too! 🤣🤣 We were ALWAYS doing **** like that to each other. Bastards ... Lol

8b682e1c3e9dfbe1f38a9650da367c53.jpg

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patti, your funeral home story reminded me of one too.

I was helping an electrician friend do some work at a funeral home and we had to walk through the area where they embalm, dress, fix hair and apply makeup. There were a couple of bodies that were in the process of being placed for viewing. I was leading the way through and the last person I passed, I recognized him and stopped really quick and said, "Gary, you're not looking so good today". The friend I was helping screamed and did a 180 then another 180 because he didn't want to walk back through the area we had just came through. He then pushed me aside and left me where I was. As he was walking by, all the color in his face was gone and actual looked worse than Gary did.

For some reason, being there was funnier than me trying to type this out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom