Dark Humor Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
From the movie with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines, Running Scared

"- Hey. The jumper yesterday?

- Yeah?

- I just got the cause of death.

- Let me guess. Deceleration trauma?

- Uh... Cement poisoning?

- He drowned.

- Poor guy couldn't swim or fly, huh?

- You don't need a cop, just a lifeguard.

Victim's name is Alan Jackson.

He was a cop from the South Side."

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"rubber nekkin"

When in HS, a good friend had a '56 Bel Aire. Just as school let out, one afternoon, we were headed to the local Dairy Queen, as we done everyday.

Main Strreet through town, parallels the railroad tracks. A car had tried to beat the train and failed. We came up on the scene and Bill had slowed down to about 10 mph, we were rubber nekkin. Bill glances up to see the light is still green and looks back to the carnage.

We had rolled a few yards and hear a boom and yelling. Looking forward, we a cop laid across the hood and screaming at "STOP".

He had walked into the intersection to stop traffic and allow cross traffic to turn. The front bumper of the '56 was knee cap high, broke both and laid him over the hood.

Bill lost his DL for 5 years. When he got it back, his insurance was outrageous. Every cop in town knew him and would pull him over.

Dad was friends with the Chief, found out the cop fully recovered, got a Hella settlement from insurance, early retirement from PD and opened a gun store / cop shop.
When I was in high school, a friend had a mint '57 Chevy 2 door hard top. It was towards the end of the school year and construction had started on a shopping center. They had the fire plugs in and the lot asphalted. No lights yet, but all that asphalt required a little off street drag racing. When I showed up on Friday night, I discovered my friend had "run over" a fire plug at a high rate of speed in the dark. The shopping center had wisely put four steel posts about 4' above the ground around each of the fire plugs. My friend's car was all four wheels off the ground on top of those posts and he was trying to explain to the cops what happened.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The informal result was phrased as "The pilot had his fangs out down to his navel."
I remember seeing an A-10 pilot talking about how he’d gotten hit during the first Gulf War. He said his fangs had come out while he was on a run, then he got hit by anti-aircraft fire and the pucker factor hit.

When he got back to the base, he said they found the holes in the floorboards from his fangs, “but they never did find that seat cushion.”

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wichita, Ks
My dad’s cousin was a motorcycle cop (he says he was a “sickle cop”) in Wichita after he got out of the service in the early ‘70s. He said most of the places he patrolled as a cop back then he wouldn’t visit at all these days.

He also had some stories about his partner from his days in Wichita. After his career in law enforcement, he went to work for the other side, becoming a hit man for one of the mafia families. He said he was in the kitchen one day while one of those true crimes shows was on the TV in the living room. He heard the guy’s name and got to the TV in time to hear “seen here with his partner from the Wichita PD” and see a picture of him with his face blurred out, standing next to his old partner.

He said for years, every time he’d move somewhere new, within a couple of weeks, he’d get a call from the guy to make sure everything was ok. This was back before the internet or phone number portability were things, so he didn’t know how the guy was keeping tabs on him, but it was evident that he was looking out for his old partner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom