Debt Free

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if the next generation got back to this philosophy? I think our current financial situation is a result of our society embracing debt as a means to attain all they feel entitled to. Poor decisions, often encouraged by our elected officials, has resulted in the weakening of our economy and our nation. I would argue that your commitment to being financially responsible not only makes you smart, it puts you leaps and bounds ahead of most entering into marriage and it also makes you a patriot. Great job and keep spreading the word!

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was brought up if you don't have it don't spend it. I hated it for a long time and now realize my parents were right. I have friends who will be paying for stupid things for the next 20 years. Right now The only thing i have is 1k in credit card debt witch i guess isn't really debt. My house is the only thing i owe on and i'm working twords paying that off many many years early.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are on week 9 of FPU. I paid off the last of the debt the week before we started, but took the class anyway with hope of staying debt free. I would have never believed how much difference there is in the relationship between the wife and I now that we have zero debt. Hoping to finish baby step 3 in the next two months.

pickett235

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You never know when being debt free will pay off. I broke my leg last week and will be down with limited ablility to work for 12 weeks. Being a small general contractor it could be very stressful, but we have our emergency fund in place and only a small mortgage payment. Congrats on getting debt free.

My wife's 94 year old grandpa says "Anyone can make money but not many can keep it"

Latest posts

Top Bottom