Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
patriot I know you are very wise , and I know you mean well but you could be doing a lot more good in the world than trying to some sense into many here on this forum

You really are too kind. The thought of hearing wise linked with me is kind of like hearing "Mr." attached to your last name and looking around for your dad!
I really appreciate the encouragement though. It really annoys me when liberals try to control the dialog unchallenged. If nothing else, perhaps another blossoming conservative/patriot/American will be able to put his or her finger on something they feel but have been unable to put into words. Besides that, its pretty good practice and I decided a couple of years ago that no longer will I be a part of the silent majority.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a big difference between forcing some one to do something rather than asking some one if they would like to know how to receive Jesus Christ as there personal savior.If a christain has ever forced you to do something or ridiculed you then he has some repenting to do himself.The bible I read tells me I have to let other poeple hear the good news,offer kindness , and offer help, but does not give me permission to condemn others or judge others for I myself have sinned also. I wish you knew a little more about the Christ I serve.

Wish He was a little more evident in some of the folks who claim so loaudly to be His followers.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really are too kind. The thought of hearing wise linked with me is kind of like hearing "Mr." attached to your last name and looking around for your dad!
I really appreciate the encouragement though. It really annoys me when liberals try to control the dialog unchallenged. If nothing else, perhaps another blossoming conservative/patriot/American will be able to put his or her finger on something they feel but have been unable to put into words. Besides that, its pretty good practice and I decided a couple of years ago that no longer will I be a part of the silent majority.

By all means, let loose. That's what we love here.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a big difference between forcing some one to do something rather than asking some one if they would like to know how to receive Jesus Christ as there personal savior.If a christain has ever forced you to do something or ridiculed you then he has some repenting to do himself.The bible I read tells me I have to let other poeple hear the good news,offer kindness , and offer help, but does not give me permission to condemn others or judge others for I myself have sinned also. I wish you knew a little more about the Christ I serve.

I'm not into bashing Christians, just the hypocritical organizations and churches they sometimes serve or associate with.
The New Testament does say to be kind and loving to ALL people. I know alot about the Christ you serve, coming off of 19 years of being raised a fundamental Christian. I've just become disenchanted from the mainstream, organized, corrupted view of religion. And I know it has no place in the law of a country. certain fundamental principles perhaps belong in law (like do not murder, etc). But these can be found in most moral systems around the world.

But I have major problems with those who wish to use the government to enforce their beliefs ( gay marriage being the biggest issue I can think of right now).

Hate the sin, not the sinner I was always told.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. patriot, I would like to address something you said earlier, which is on the topics of morality, religion, and, getting back to the original topic, of Mitt Romney, as it is a belief I believe you and he share:
justanotherpatriot said:
By the way Religion as defined by Jesus Christ is to help the widows and the fatherless. Do you really want a government without that?

Since you mentioned government, I can only assume that by "help" you mean forcibly seizing property from it's owner and giving it to the aforementioned beneficiaries... this is not what I normally mean by the word "help," but it is commonly used in this context by people of a certain predisposition toward government, which is certainly the majority view in our society. If I am misinterpreting your view on this, I am sorry, but surely you can understand how I might be confused when the word "help" is so commonly used as a euphamism in this context.

But if I am correct in judging by this statement that you support the forceful redistribution of wealth, I have two questions for you: first, what is your moral/ethical justification for it? And second, do you really think that when Jesus (or whoever the originator of that scripture was) said "help the widows and the fatherless," he meant "go out and initiate violence or the threat thereof against your neighbors to force them to pay for helping the widows and the fatherless?"

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While there are many church people that put out a message of hate (westboro comes to mind) I try to not be lumped together with those kind of church ppl. The church I attend is very small 62 in sunday school this week but we have a food pantry (served 138 families last week) clothing pantry ,2 church vans (prob about 30 of 62 came in the vans bcuz they are children that parents wont bring them or do not have a car) and we also have a ministry called cr which is a Christ centered recovery group.We try to reach out to our community with as much love and compassion as we can with our limited finances.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. patriot, I would like to address something you said earlier, which is on the topics of morality, religion, and, getting back to the original topic, of Mitt Romney, as it is a belief I believe you and he share:

Since you mentioned government, I can only assume that by "help" you mean forcibly seizing property from it's owner and giving it to the aforementioned beneficiaries... this is not what I normally mean by the word "help," but it is commonly used in this context by people of a certain predisposition toward government, which is certainly the majority view in our society. If I am misinterpreting your view on this, I am sorry, but surely you can understand how I might be confused when the word "help" is so commonly used as a euphamism in this context.

But if I am correct in judging by this statement that you support the forceful redistribution of wealth, I have two questions for you: first, what is your moral/ethical justification for it? And second, do you really think that when Jesus (or whoever the originator of that scripture was) said "help the widows and the fatherless," he meant "go out and initiate violence or the threat thereof against your neighbors to force them to pay for helping the widows and the fatherless?"

It is not my intent to advocate the government helping the "widows and fatherless" by any means. I do recognize and condemn the usurpation of MY charity and compassion for my fellowman by some who have little to no personal charity of their own, yet seek to assuage their guilt by demanding more of the fruit of my labor so that they can feel better by means of being so "generous" to those in need and seeking to use that generosity to curry favor with moochers and truly needy alike for the purpose of consolidating political power so that they can continue the vicious blood-sucking cycle of demanding more of my personal property. They have given new definition to the 'pursuit of happiness."

I definitely do believe in personal charity to the extent determined by the individual or family dispensing the charity. I have been very blessed in my life and practice this personal charity to the extent I am able and find opportunity. I feel that charity or compassion is most efficiently served with personal contact and with the humility and knowledge that but for the blessing of God and the favor of man, I too could be in that very same unenviable position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom