Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. patriot, I would like to address something you said earlier, which is on the topics of morality, religion, and, getting back to the original topic, of Mitt Romney, as it is a belief I believe you and he share:

Since you mentioned government, I can only assume that by "help" you mean forcibly seizing property from it's owner and giving it to the aforementioned beneficiaries... this is not what I normally mean by the word "help," but it is commonly used in this context by people of a certain predisposition toward government, which is certainly the majority view in our society. If I am misinterpreting your view on this, I am sorry, but surely you can understand how I might be confused when the word "help" is so commonly used as a euphamism in this context.

But if I am correct in judging by this statement that you support the forceful redistribution of wealth, I have two questions for you: first, what is your moral/ethical justification for it? And second, do you really think that when Jesus (or whoever the originator of that scripture was) said "help the widows and the fatherless," he meant "go out and initiate violence or the threat thereof against your neighbors to force them to pay for helping the widows and the fatherless?"

"No man is exempt from saying silly things, the mischief is to say them deliberately" Michel de Montaigne

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one vote....it will be for Romney, in a close decision....and I hate that...its difficult to choose the lesser of 2 evils...Romney is going to push us over the precipice sooner than Obama but we're going over regardless...lets just get it over with...before I get too old to defend myself...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one vote....it will be for Romney, in a close decision....and I hate that...its difficult to choose the lesser of 2 evils...Romney is going to push us over the precipice sooner than Obama but we're going over regardless...lets just get it over with...before I get too old to defend myself...
Another interesting point of view.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the "None Of The Above" option?

There is likely a third option here. Americans Elect got on the ballot here before their national organization disbanded. The state party submitted Gary Johnson as their nominee here.

The state Election Board is waiting for the AG to get back to them. I haven't seen anything in the statutes that would prevent the state party from being on the ballot after their national organization disbands, but considering that the party the AG belongs to doesn't care to even play by their own rules I'd say the real chance of Johnson on the ballot is 50/50.

Latest posts

Top Bottom