Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gridlock is just kicking the can, if theres an issue that needs resolved, resolve it the best ya can.

Its not expecting to much of our senators, congressmen and president to negotiate. Whats the point of voting them out if we just replace them with more stubborn, rhetoric spewing, flip flopping, politicians whos only purpose is to block the other side.
It works for me, I don't agree with the other side.

B

Bill Mac

One year into eithers term and we will all see ourselves losing much. We need to address the career politicians in the house and the senate aswell.
Couldn't agree more taaz. The country is in the shape that it's in because we have the same people doing the same things and expecting different results. When we lived in MI, they had term limits of 8 years for the legislators. They said that was a problem because they are just starting to learn the ropes at 8 years when their time is up. MI seems to be surviving okay or at least no worse than the rest of the country. Maybe at the national level they would need twelve years or so. No more and no lifetime retirement or benefits. Let them pay into a 401k and draw it at 65!
I just can't get past the comment that Nobama made with Putin when they thought no one could hear!

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^This, you haven't begun to see how destructive obama can be.Wait till he has nothing to lose(can't be reelected).

This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments that I've ever heard, yet it keeps getting repeated as some rationale for an opportunity for a 2nd term Obama to take extreme measures that he was "too timid" to attack in this term.

No, Obama could not get elected again if he was in a 2nd term -- but there are tons of other Democrats who can. Both parties remember what happened in the 1994 elections and the 2010 elections -- mid-term elections in which members of the President's party were slaughtered at the polls for their State and Congressional seats. Those other politicians paid for the mis-steps of the President. It's a VERY recent memory for the Obama Administration that provided some instant feedback for how Americans felt about getting health care reform crammed down their throats.

The Democratic Party and everyone in Obama's Administration knows that if he tries a stunt like this again, Democrats all over the country will pay dearly. They will not let him clown it up for everyone.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments that I've ever heard, yet it keeps getting repeated as some rationale for an opportunity for a 2nd term Obama to take extreme measures that he was "too timid" to attack in this term.

No, Obama could not get elected again if he was in a 2nd term -- but there are tons of other Democrats who can. Both parties remember what happened in the 1994 elections and the 2010 elections -- mid-term elections in which members of the President's party were slaughtered at the polls for their State and Congressional seats. Those other politicians paid for the mis-steps of the President. It's a VERY recent memory for the Obama Administration that provided some instant feedback for how Americans felt about getting health care reform crammed down their throats.

The Democratic Party and everyone in Obama's Administration knows that if he tries a stunt like this again, Democrats all over the country will pay dearly. They will not let him clown it up for everyone.

Really, do you really think he cares about anyone but himself and any left wing group that he thinks will benefit him ? I never said he was "timid".He is very smart/savy in the political game and has big plans when he leaves office.He is one of the most self absorbed presidents I've ever seen.Dream on if you believe he can't and won't wreak executive branch havoc on us.Like you said,1994 and 2010, they don't learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom