Finally got Covid...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It only took what...4 years it's been around now? Fever, light-headed, aches and pains like a flu, f'd up taste buds. Just, all around feeling like ****. I made it through 6 hrs at work today before I had to call it quits. 112 in the shop plus a fever...that sucked.
I didn't take a test until this evening. Hope I haven't passed it along to anyone else at work.

And of course, I've already used all my vacation time this year...

So, since the original grand opening of the "pandemic", I've basically ignored this junk. Aside from keeping myself quarantined for the rest of the week, is there any solid advice from those who've had it? Fever/aches started on Saturday, and I haven't taken anything for any symptoms yet. Just hydrating like crazy. (That's what I thought this was, just a mild case of dehydration.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It only took what...4 years it's been around now? Fever, light-headed, aches and pains like a flu, f'd up taste buds. Just, all around feeling like ****. I made it through 6 hrs at work today before I had to call it quits. 112 in the shop plus a fever...that sucked.
I didn't take a test until this evening. Hope I haven't passed it along to anyone else at work.

And of course, I've already used all my vacation time this year...

So, since the original grand opening of the "pandemic", I've basically ignored this junk. Aside from keeping myself quarantined for the rest of the week, is there any solid advice from those who've had it? Fever/aches started on Saturday, and I haven't taken anything for any symptoms yet. Just hydrating like crazy. (That's what I thought this was, just a mild case of dehydration.
We have both had it, more than once I think. After the first time it gets easier. Bed rest, lots of fluids, the normal stuff you would do with a flu. Easy to digest foods.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of it going around. I was sick most of last week. Started Monday afternoon. Weird mix of symptoms but no known fever. Bad headache, extreme fatigue, coughing/sneezing/watery eyes, achy first couple of days. Would have moments where I felt ok, and then bam back to sick. Slept a bunch and almost always stay hydrated. Was super groggy, just like a really bad cold. Taste never stopped but all food tasted off. Feeling mostly better today, just tired with some residual stuff in my chest and lungs.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get on Ivermectin ASAP and get over it in a few days. If you can't get it from your Dr. Go to Tractor Supply. Saved my life, literally. Works, and is safer to take than Aspirin. Go read past Ivermectin posts and realize the bashers were wrong. Proven wrong even by the FDA. PM me if you would like. Get well soon.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I got in on the COVID party late, too. Late last year we both came down with it. It was pretty mild...not much worse than a cold other than the severe lack of energy for a few days. I got over it pretty quickly...maybe 3 days or so...but it hung on with the wife for a little over a week maybe.

Hope you have a quick recovery as well.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it 2 years ago in July. The actually covid wasn't so bad, like a moderate flu. But the after affects were worse. I was working in a warehouse and I could not walk over 30 feet before taking a break and going on. Everyday I could make it further and further. It just took time to get my wind back. My taste was a little off for awhile but came back. It seems to affect people differently, some people recover quickly some don't. Plus for 6 months after I was an illness magnet, just kept getting sick off and on. Hopefully this won't be you. Good luck and get some rest.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get on Ivermectin ASAP and get over it in a few days. If you can't get it from your Dr. Go to Tractor Supply. Saved my life, literally. Works, and is safer to take than Aspirin. Go read past Ivermectin posts and realize the bashers were wrong. Proven wrong even by the FDA. PM me if you would like. Get well soon.
THIS!
I had covid 3 times. At the first sign of a fever,
i took a dose, 1 dose, and it was cured in 12 hours.
I feel like early dose is key.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get rest, plenty of it. I had the worst sore throat.
The cough is the thing that sucks. It lingers for weeks.

Paxlovid didn't do anything for me except make everything taste like I was sucking on penny's. My primary Dr. just put me on Prednisone and something for the cough as he didn't like Paxlovid. I took 800mg ibuprofen for the sore throat.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The numbers are showing a definite uptick at the hospital my wife works at. My mom spent a weekend with my brother and his wife’s family in Branson. They all got it except my brother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom