God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, youre given free will. Many are called, few are chosen.

Free will would mean you have a choice....... chosen means just that, you're it, you are called and you have no choice. Does this mean we get to talk about predestination and election next ? :)

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man can have enough desire on his own to follow Christ?......... save himself if you will? If so, what was the purpose of Christ if we can do it ourselves?

Certain sins can't be forgiven? Where's that found? Sin is sin His eyes, one no worse that the other, it's black and white. I'm human, and I'll fail, He knows that, He expects that.

Thats not what baptism of desire is. Look it up before you make assumptions.

Nor did i say those sins were unforgivable. But outside the Church, its much more difficult for you to know they have been forgiven. Its possible...but you wouldnt know as "confidently" so to speak.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Free will would mean you have a choice....... chosen means just that, you're it, you are called and you have no choice. Does this mean we get to talk about predestination and election next ? :)

Catholicism does not teach pre-destination. Wherever you are getting your information is incorrect.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read post number 1 and tell me again that these are "genuine" questions, not just attempts to stir the pot. He asks people to tell why their religion/God is superior. Thats nothing more than an attempt to get people fighting with each other. The fact that its condoned by a moderator further makes me realize why this forum no longer has the appeal to me it once did. If you have the ability, feel free to delete my account and ill leave this board to its trolls and the moderators who condone them...

Yes sir...I read post number 1 again. Yes, they are genuine questions, and not attempts to stir the pot. That is my opinion based on experience, because I asked the same questions (in a genuine way, not to stir any pot) for years. If you take them another way, fine...that's your opinion. But it's quite disingenuous to accuse the OP of intentions that are merely your opinion when he's stated every way possible that they aren't. If you want to know what his intentions are, why not ask instead of assume? Then, if you still don't believe him, it's your choice to engage in discussion, or not.

All I've seen is questioning of ideas and attempts at understanding, and no personal attacks, by the OP...so what exactly am I condoning? Questioning of ideas is fruitful and healthy, and make for great discussion. If you aren't comfortable with those questions, and can't discuss them in a civil way, why would you engage?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thats not what baptism of desire is. Look it up before you make assumptions.

Nor did i say those sins were unforgivable. But outside the Church, its much more difficult for you to know they have been forgiven. Its possible...but you wouldnt know as "confidently" so to speak.

I'm with you now on the "baptism of desire", I didn't realize that was a specific Catholic reference. Still unsure on the forgiveness though, forgiveness is forgiveness, and it doesn't come by way of the church.

Catholicism does not teach pre-destination. Wherever you are getting your information is incorrect.

Oh I wsnt referring to the Catholic church teaching predestination, I don't know whether they do or not. Your comment about free will and being chosen would preface a discussion about it though.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think religion is a good thing, the teachings of most are good for the human race, ten commandments is a pretty good example of how we should all live our lives.

However I firmly believe religions exist simply because man is afraid of dying, just can't accept the idea of when it's over it's over.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youve been brainwashed to think that if you dont believe everything is acceptable, youre evil. Intolerance is not a bad thing. We are intolerant to people committing murder. You are intolerant to people stealing your property.

It's interesting that he said a few things you didn't agree with and you're throwing a hissy fit. "Shut this thread down!" "It's religious bashing!" "You're trolling!"

Now it's a completely hypocritical statement to say that christians are intolerant of people committing murder. History does not show this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom