Good Nonstick Frying Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got several Pampered Chef baking dishes and pizza stone but no skillets. But, the quality seems to be consistent so I'd bet if you could find something from them it would be a good investment. It took me a LONG time before I'd shell out $100 on a skillet!
I saw a 14" cast iron skillet in a specialty store for $250 yesterday. No lid. Same size Lodge.....$45.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear differing things about Calphalon. Any reviews by you on that?
I have a Calphalon pan. I forget what it’s technically called, but it’s like a really big sauce pan, maybe 14” in diameter and 4” tall straight walls. It’s stainless steel, not technically nonstick, but it has a heavy steel disc on its base, so I don’t see how it could warp, at least not without some effort. I’ve used it to sautee a bunch of chicken, and I’m pretty sure I’ve made gravy in it, and it has served me well over the years.

I used to have a 5” Calphalon santoku that was just about my favorite kitchen knife, but my mom borrowed it, and I think my sister sold it in the estate sale.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Calphalon pan. I forget what it’s technically called, but it’s like a really big sauce pan, maybe 14” in diameter and 4” tall straight walls. It’s stainless steel, not technically nonstick, but it has a heavy steel disc on its base, so I don’t see how it could warp, at least not without some effort. I’ve used it to sautee a bunch of chicken, and I’m pretty sure I’ve made gravy in it, and it has served me well over the years.

I used to have a 5” Calphalon santoku that was just about my favorite kitchen knife, but my mom borrowed it, and I think my sister sold it in the estate sale.
Get yourself one of these. It's like cutting with a laser:

If you wanted a slightly bigger one with an even better blade try this:

That blade is the closest thing to mythical of the knives I've used.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get yourself one of these. It's like cutting with a laser:

If you wanted a slightly bigger one with an even better blade try this:

That blade is the closest thing to mythical of the knives I've used.
I haven’t done a lot of Shun shopping lately, but that first one seems really cheap for legit Shun. I’ll have to think about that one.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've found All Clad D5 at TJ Maxx, I will make sure my wife goes more often! $200-300 per skillet does add up fast!
You know how it is there, it's like an Easter egg hunt. I haven't seen D5 recently but they do have it on occasion. I saw a D3 at the one in Edmond last weekend.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Project Farm channel on YouTube did a comparison of non-stick frying pans not too long ago. I saw it pop up last night, but I didn’t think to copy the URL for it at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom