Got detained by stillwater pd today for brandishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call JB, he will set them straight.:D

Who is JB? and what is his number?

and the knife wasn't bought from walmart, but walmart does sell assisted opening knives. This was a smith and wesson magic knife. you flipped a lever with your index and a spring would help the blade open. but unlike a switchblade, it would close with the push of a button.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know, but if the outcome is negative, you are allowed to appeal it.

Really, there is absolutely nothing in SDA that is conerned with it. Most of the "game enders" for your license are things you would have been arrested for anyway. I dont know what purpose the "report" would do.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I get sidetracked, it totally sucks what happened to you, and I'm sure there could have been a better way for them to have handled checking you out.

That said, I have an issue with the quoted statement. There should be no law, it should just not be illegal. We keep legislating ourselves out of freedom and it's disgusting. The 2nd amendment should be more than enough. [/rant]

...I wish open carry would go through. This is just another reason we need that law. If OC were legal, this would have never happened to me.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is JB? and what is his number?

and the knife wasn't bought from walmart, but walmart does sell assisted opening knives. This was a smith and wesson magic knife. you flipped a lever with your index and a spring would help the blade open. but unlike a switchblade, it would close with the push of a button.

This? If so, that does qualify as an auto.

By all means, do what you want, but I would suggest:
1) carry appendix, a tuckable IWB, or use a shoulder rig if you're riding
2) get a Spyderco Delica wave. Less ostentatious, opens just as fast.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The confiscation of your knife is troubling. Maybe a letter to the chief for the return of the knife, unless you think that pressing the issue will result in charges filed. Then you will need a lawyer.

Edit: looking at the description in the link above, the seperate button makes it an auto knife.

If the assist was part of the blade, requiring a partial deployment of the blade before the spring kicked in, I would not hold the same opinion

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rob72: Not that exact one, but the same mechanism. I just looked up the delica, and I like the knife, I wonder if it comes in a tanto blade.

Vicious: I would totally agree. I believe that fully autos should also be unregulated. However, if it far more feasible at this time to push for open carry than to demand all gun laws be abolished. Sad...I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom