H & H providing your name and address to the state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I received several letters from the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife (ODWC) Conservation. These came to my residence and not my post office box. Usually I receive all mail at my post office box and never my home address, so I was curios how they obtained my home address.

Looking inside the envelope I discovered that it was from both the ODWC as well as H & H Gun Range. I believe I have never used my home address for any forms that I remember filling out at H & H OTHER THAN 4473'S. I have purchased several firearms from H & H Gun Range in the past and that is the same amount of letters I received in the mail today. The spelling of my first name also is the "Legal" complete version and not my hyphonated daily use version.

I sent H & H an email requesting that they do not share my personal information with any person, business, or government agency.

Anyone else get a letter?

CP

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one today. But I've also been signing up for the controlled hunts for the last several years. Could H&H just be an advertiser? Full disclosure: I really didn't look at the H&H insert close enough to even remember what it was.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one today. It starts out something like "As a recent purchaser of a firearm or ammo..." I'm sure they got my address from H&H. I am not happy about it.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today. I know it had to come from H&H since I dont hunt anymore. I do think it is wrong to share info. I know in my line of work (banking) if we did something like that, we would come under all kinds of fire from our customers and from the regulators.

justakid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before things get to out of hand, i would like to add

H&H does not give, sell, or offer anyone's personal information. The mailing you received was a mailing that was partnered with H&H, the mailings where done by a secure mailing. Your information was never given out! This is a project that the department of wildlife and H&H teamed up to show that the shooting industry is becoming bigger and bigger everyday!

If you have any questions you can call miles at 947-3888-111

Thanks!

The sponsors of this are: Friends of the NRA, Department of Wildlife, H&H, and SCI (Safari Club)

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

H&H does not give, sell, or offer anyone's personal information. The mailing you received was a mailing that was partnered with H&H, the mailings where done by a secure mailing. Your information was never given out! This is a project that the department of wildlife and H&H teamed up to show that the shooting industry is becoming bigger and bigger everyday!

Thanks!

If that's the case, it was a very poor decision to label them from the government, without explanation. That makes 99% of your customers rather nervous.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks!

The sponsors of this are: Friends of the NRA, Department of Wildlife, H&H, and SCI (Safari Club)

Will he be able to handle the removal of my info from their system?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H does not give, sell, or offer any one's personal information. The mailing you received was a mailing that was partnered with H&H, the mailings where done by a secure mailing. Your information was never given out! Thanks!

I don't understand.
H&H does not give, sell, or offer any one's personal information. Sounds to me it was given to the ODW? Any clarification would be appreciated.
I sometimes hesitate to give some of my info on some of the controlled hunts as if it gets hacked, they have everything, and nobody can tell me that its totally secure. Even the pentagon, CIA, and Veterans organizations get hacked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom