Had a kaboom today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 1911 that fired out of battery several years ago. I was wearing my Oakley half-jackets at the time thankfully. I had all kinds of brass imbedded in my face and glasses. Took pictures and wrote a letter to Oakley thanking them for a good product. They sent me replacement lenses free of charge and asked for my old ones back for testing and demos. Was very happy with Oakley after that. The 1911 will remain nameless but needless to say, it no longer has anything in it from factory except frame and slide now.

P.S. - I heard you should stay away from Glock .40's... Something about a Glock smiley... (Figured Id slip that in since somebody will rag on my 1911)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would take it apart and check for any tapered type wear on the sear and firing pin.
Sounds like something got dirty or worn down.
Or weak spring. Possibly too much lube causing issues.

I am sure you have headed that direction though.

Glad you are ok!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FullAuto's avatar would have kept this from happening....at least to a gun. Glad you are ok brother. +1 eye and hearing protection. Some folks shoot with gloves even.

Latest posts

Top Bottom