HB3098 Constitutional Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160311/oklahoma-pro-gun-legislation-passes-overwhelmingly-through-the-house
Oklahoma: Pro-gun Legislation Passes Overwhelmingly Through the House
Friday, March 11, 2016

Last year, House Joint Resolution 1009 passed the House Rules Committee and was headed to the House floor. As previously reported, this measure makes a critical improvement to the current Right to Keep and Bear Arms Amendment in Oklahoma’s constitution. This is a measure that provides the strongest possible protection for your gun rights, guaranteeing in the state constitution your Right to Keep and Bear Arms against any infringements or restrictions for you and future generations of Oklahomans. All proposed restrictions to any of your fundamental rights should be subject to a standard that ensures the strongest possible protection for that right, especially your Second Amendment rights.

View Related Articles
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160311/oklahoma-pro-gun-legislation-passes-overwhelmingly-through-the-house#

Yesterday, March 10, HJR 1009 was passed overwhelmingly by the House of Representatives with a 66-7 vote.

Also yesterday, House Bill 3098 passed with an overwhelming 73-15 vote. Sponsored by state Representative Jeff Coody (R-63), HB 3098 would allow for the open carry of a handgun without having to obtain a permit. This bill would allow a law-abiding citizen to open carry a firearm on their person without the fees associated with obtaining a carry permit. HB 3098 does nothing to change the current permitting process in the state of Oklahoma for those individuals who still prefer to conceal carry a firearm and receive reciprocity in other states.

HJR 1009 and HB 3098 are both waiting for committee assignments in the Senate. Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.

© 2016 National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action. This may be reproduced. This may not be reproduced for commercial purposes. 11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030 1-800-392-8683(VOTE)

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is great. The masters return to us the right that they stole from us many years ago. Except you'll still need their blessing to carry concealed.

I wonder if God ever steals from us and then decides to return that which was stolen?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the NRA that refused to back our attempts to get open carry initially passed?

Oh yeah... that NRA.

While I am a lifetime NRA member, I cancelled my ORA membership and will likely never join again. OK2A has accomplished more to preserve and advance gun owner's rights in recent years than the NRA has accomplished in Oklahoma in my lifetime. It puzzles me that so many gun owners are NRA members but so few are OK2A members. In Oklahoma, OK2A is by far the best option.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom