Henry's Guns and Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henry is good people, that, I can assure you! As to prices--big business makes its money selling lots and lots of stuff at a multitude of different locations to many, many different people, all at razor thin margins. Sell a million widgets a day at $1.00 each on a profit margin of 2% and you still have $20,000 a day in profits. Big business can do this and thrive; small businesses can't. Small businesses sell a lot less stuff everyday, so margins must be higher. So, pay a little more and keep a place open where you can shoot your guns. Or, give your money to the big box stores--or your favorite Internet pirate--just don't hold your breath waiting for them to open a shooting range near you.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. That is why it has taken me so long to finally drop him. They are good people and very nice. It is just the 75% to some things over 200% mark up that I cannot stand. That is gouging. I honestly believe if he would be willing to make just a few dollars more on his products than what can be ordered or bought elsewhere he would turn a better profit by way of more turns. I am willing to spend a little more to shop there. Just not as much as he thinks we should. And I will not pay a fee to give you my money.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While their good hearted people their prices are out of line. $42 for a 10/22 mag, $30 chip McCormic 1911 mag, $35 1lb of Unique, $34 for a lee decapping die. Although they did have a fair price on the Sig Brace $125 at the time. And a 3% credit card fee to top it all off. YMMV but I am done with him.

Ummm... they can offer a cash discount but can't charge fees to patrons that want to use a debit or credit card. Someone may want to mention that to them.

O.S. 14A § 2-417 said:
A. No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card or debit card in lieu of payment by cash, check or similar means.

B. As used in this section, "debit card" means any instrument or device, whether known as a debit card or by any other name, issued with or without fee by an issuer for the use of the cardholder in depositing, obtaining or transferring funds from a consumer banking electronic facility.

C. For purposes of this section, a private educational institution as defined in paragraph (e) of Section 3102 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes may charge a convenience fee. The convenience fee shall be limited to bank processing fees and financial transaction fees, the cost of providing for secure transaction, portal fees, and fees necessary to compensate for increased bandwidth incurred as a result of providing for an online transaction.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some businesses do charge extra for credit/debit cards (whether in terms of a cash discount or otherwise), in the main because credit card processers charge businesses a fee to use their credit/debit cards. Typically they charge both a set percentage of each transaction amount, as well as a fee for each individual transaction. In the case of the "Don't leave home without it" folks, a 3% CC fee charged by the business does not even completely cover the percentage the company charges the business owner to accept their card. Cards are convenient; but make no mistake, they are what they are ONLY because they make huge amounts of money for the folks selling them.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MM, I think Gabriel was talking about state laws. They can give a 3% discount for cash customers, but they are not allowed to charge a 3% surcharge. They just need to rethink this before someone makes a stink.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some businesses do charge extra for credit/debit cards (whether in terms of a cash discount or otherwise), in the main because credit card processers charge businesses a fee to use their credit/debit cards. Typically they charge both a set percentage of each transaction amount, as well as a fee for each individual transaction. In the case of the "Don't leave home without it" folks, a 3% CC fee charged by the business does not even completely cover the percentage the company charges the business owner to accept their card. Cards are convenient; but make no mistake, they are what they are ONLY because they make huge amounts of money for the folks selling them.

They need to price accordingly so they can offer a 3% cash discount as charging 3% for using a credit card is illegal under Oklahoma law.

Illegal: Pricing an item at $500 plus sales tax (8.375% in Okc) and charging 3% CC fee puts the item at $558.13 OTD.

Legal: Pricing an item at $515.46 plus sales tax puts the item out the door at close to the same price of $558.63 but also allows a cash discount to be applied. If the owner puts the cash discount at 3%, a person pays $500 plus tax, or $541.88, OTD and the business owner isn't running afoul of state law.

MM, I think Gabriel was talking about state laws. They can give a 3% discount for cash customers, but they are not allowed to charge a 3% surcharge. They just need to rethink this before someone makes a stink.

Yep.

Which is illegal in this state

Double yep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom