How to buy a car - take notes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CarEdge is pretty good. Does share some good info and is ethical. There are other youtube personalities who go a step further and really show you how to stick it to a dealership when buying. In the end CarEdge has a good balance between paying as little as possible and not being an ___ and never allowed back in the dealership again.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new off the lot Bronco April 29th. Several things really helped to get it Under MSRP. Wasn't afraid to walk, told the new dealership I wasn't afraid to walk, Negotiated hard and made them think I was the trifecta with trade, financing and car purchase. They didn't get the trade (I got $3,500 better with Carmax), Their financing was lower than I could do at a CU or Bank and less hassle, and the vehicle they screwed up on telling me a really low price to begin with on the wrong vehicle (2023's had a steep discount, this was a 2024 that was heavily optioned by comparison.) Stick to your guns and always be ready to walk. Did I get the best deal possible? Maybe. I did however do much better because I watched these videos.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are playing their game, on their field, by their rules.

If you don't prepare yourself, be prepared to get bent over.
Nah, dealerships are nice pleasant charitable folk who will always without coercion offer you the best humanly possible deal on a new or used automobile or truck or even better, without you asking. Dealerships treat all customer with the utmost in respect. They operate under the "to each according to their need, to each according to their ability" principle. They will buy your used vehicle for thousands over what market price is and sell you the new one for thousands off. You will walk out with more money than you walked in with and an undamaged credit report.

Latest posts

Top Bottom