How to buy a car - take notes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted this before, but when we buy a new car, the salesperson gets set down and we build one from scratch the way we want it. Then I get their price. The last was the Super Duty f-250 during covid when they all said everyone had to pay a premium over MSRP.
I got online with a copy of the build specifications, sent it to every Ford dealership in Oklahoma, Southern Ks, Northern Tx and one in Arkansas.
Got them into a bidding war online. With the Veterans Discount we saved over $3000. The local dealer that told me they only sold the truck at a premium over MSRP is the one that gave us the lowest bid in the end. Went to the dealership two times. Once to build the truck and once to pick it up. Done.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've posted this before, but when we buy a new car, the salesperson gets set down and we build one from scratch the way we want it. Then I get their price. The last was the Super Duty f-250 during covid when they all said everyone had to pay a premium over MSRP.
I got online with a copy of the build specifications, sent it to every Ford dealership in Oklahoma, Southern Ks, Northern Tx and one in Arkansas.
Got them into a bidding war online. With the Veterans Discount we saved over $3000. The local dealer that told me they only sold the truck at a premium over MSRP is the one that gave us the lowest bid in the end. Went to the dealership two times. Once to build the truck and once to pick it up. Done.
So you saved about 3% on a new truck? Nice! 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom