I’m going to have to take the concealed carry class again aren’t I? How long is class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep mine just for peace of mind when travelling to other states.
For me it’s peace of mind also…… if I get stopped by the popo and I can show them my CCW permit I am hoping they will realize I have had a background check and that I’m possibly not wanted for anything ………….maybe!

busterheiney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just for clarification, what's the law on expired permits right now? Mines been out for several years and I'm needing to get it renewed. Should I apply before Nov 1? Am I gonna have to retake the whole class again?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it’s peace of mind also…… if I get stopped by the popo and I can show them my CCW permit I am hoping they will realize I have had a background check and that I’m possibly not wanted for anything ………….maybe!
I've been stopped in a restaurant (which has a bar). Some TX fan called in on me for carrying. (TX was losing the football game and i and others were cheering their loss and he got pissed).
I was cuffed and he ran my background. I asked him what law I was breaking, he said you weren't but I had to check it out. He gave my unloaded pistol back and said have a nice day.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my concealed carry card expire and I think with the new law, I only had 30 days to renew after it expired. Completely slipped my mind. I’m so mad at myself.

My card expired in January of this year. That means I have to retake the class if I want a permit?

How long is this class now? Is there any abbreviated versions?
Have an instructor in my extended family. I can get you in touch with him. No first hand knowledge as I am wavered in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom