Immigration Reform Looming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only because of power hungry liberals, but you are right.

Disagree. If I was born somewhere else with not much opportunity, I'd be getting to the U.S as fast as I could, law or no law. I do not personally fault anyone who comes here trying to better their situation.
Having said that, the reason so many people want to come here, is because of the system/society created by European immigrants, during and after the conquest of the native people. In our history we have imported and owned slaves, killed countless natives,took land from Mexico, butchered over half a million of our own people during a war for control of the states, fought off the British - twice, and in spite of our foreign entanglements since the 1800s, developed into the greatest industrial power the world has ever known. At our zenith, we were the exporter of the world's food supply. Our standard of living was the envy of the world.
Unfortunately, we simply cannot now afford to import millions of immigrants who do not have the skills America needs. Our former immigration policy was such that the demographics of the country, hence the culture of the country would remain european in foundation, and immigration was "as - needed", and with some skills and requirements. This changed in 1965. Without strict requirements for those we allow to become Americans, we are now facing a huge population shift. We have every right to enforce our borders, and remove those who did not come here legally, as we are now unable to afford to support, through government services, or employment for those who already live here.
The population has inextricably been affected, as demographic trends show - we are rapidly becoming less european, and birth rates, not immigration have sealed our fate.
So like it or not, the europeans that founded and developed the ideas that made this country great, are soon to be in the minority. We have allowed "feel good" policies to flood us with people that do not share our heritage, or our culture. Often the people that come here, and the ones born here that are not of european descent are taught to hate those of us who are. We owe them something, and the only reason America is rich is because of our theft and abuse of others. (so a lot of thinking goes)
The "diversity is strength" idea is nonsense. A unified America is a strong America. Without assimilation, and a shared common history/culture, we will continue to be divided.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It used to be that when immigrants came to the US, their prime goal was to become Americans. They still proudly clung to their ethnic identities and heritage, but that was subordinated to the desire to be an American.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It used to be that when immigrants came to the US, their prime goal was to become Americans. They still proudly clung to their ethnic identities and heritage, but that was subordinated to the desire to be an American.

Exactly! It used to be a melting pot, now it is divide and conquer.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could better my situation by robbing a bank...

That's true. But do the odds of getting caught and the punishment outweigh the possible benefit?
If you're coming from a third-world country, where your future is poverty, your children's future is poverty, and America has no real barriers to you entering, and no real punishment if you are caught, and limitless (almost) opportunities....I'm willing to bet you'd come over.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's true. But do the odds of getting caught and the punishment outweigh the possible benefit?
If you're coming from a third-world country, where your future is poverty, your children's future is poverty, and America has no real barriers to you entering, and no real punishment if you are caught, and limitless (almost) opportunities....I'm willing to bet you'd come over.

So, it's okay to break the law in order to better your situation as long as you are likely to get away with it?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it's okay to break the law in order to better your situation as long as you are likely to get away with it?

It's not just immigrants who do that bro. Just look around at the welfare and tax scams perpetrated by our fellow American citizens.

So, to answer your question, yes, unfortunately most people believe that. Welcome to our brave new world.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were illegal and robbed a bank you could pay to be deported before your trial is over, at least that's how it is with Mexican drug smugglers and dealers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom