Looking for opinions/advice....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone has good points....I appreciate all the comments...The next couple I decide to sell, I may try both types of ads, and see what sells first...

John, I was actually just telling my wife yesterday that I think I am going to start showing things/meeting people a few blocks down the road at my land. I talked to a guy this week that said he had given someone directions to come look at his 4 wheeler. The guy never showed, and when he tried to call the number back, it was just made up...The next day, his door was kicked in, and 4 wheeler gone...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craigslist sucks for selling.

Agreed. I have a used electric wheelchair I have been thinking about selling, but I am seriously thinking of listing it here just so I might not have to deal with some of the Craigslist bozos. You might not find anyone here that wants it, but at least you will know they are honest and interested if they contact you.

EDIT: When I do list something on Craigslist that I need to sell from here, I make sure to mention the LEO that lives across the street. :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EDIT: When I do list something on Craigslist that I need to sell from here, I make sure to mention the LEO that lives across the street. :D

You should just tell them you are married to one ... I've actually had a guy tell me "oh, well, nevermind then" when I've told them that. Don't "do" CL anymore ... that was kinda creepy ...

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inappropriate Language, hope I'm not breaking the rules but this is too funny to not post...

http://www.collegeslackers.com/pictures/craigslist_cement_blocks

I love this listing. I think about it all the time. I can see why they guy would've been so angry.....

Craiglist to me is the best thing going right now. Especially for random stuff....AutoTrader and CycleTrader used to be decent, but now they're over run with dealers, and the want too much to list an ad....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should just tell them you are married to one ... I've actually had a guy tell me "oh, well, nevermind then" when I've told them that. Don't "do" CL anymore ... that was kinda creepy ...

I had a blast with one guy awhile back. I had not mentioned the guy across the street and this bozo shows up looking and acting a little strange. Stoned I think. Anyway the guy is starting to make the hair on my neck stand up with some of his questions and the way he is looking around. My neighbor comes home about then with his K9 and I can see the buyer suddenly is wanting to leave real fast. Naturally I have to start a long conversation with him. I swear the guy about peed his pants he wanted out of there so bad.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had better luck moving vehicles rite here on OSA in the non-firearm section. I sold both a motorcycle and a car here while the exact same posts were listed on Craig’s list.

The only difference is that here on OSA I have yet to get foreign scam e-mails from Meg Whitman telling me I have won a free iPad. Psst…Did they not get the memo she is the CEO for HP? :homer:

Latest posts

Top Bottom