Mask's for Coronavirus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, because the WHO has been so dead on about this thing from the beginning. Bwahahahaha!!!

Pick the opinion that works for ya, just don't pretend yours is proven absolutely right and correct.
It's becoming clear that we don't know shite about what's going on with this.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's walk thru the mask thing.

You supposedly wear a home made mask to protect others from you.
If you have symptoms, STAY HOME, simple.
If you're concerned that you have it but don't know it, if you have a random cough use your sleeve, same as a mask.
If you're concerned that you have it but don't know it, and you're worried about your normal breathing putting diseased droplets in the air, you're still doing that with a mask.
And then your mask is contaminated, and what do you do with it? Do you wash it every time you use it? Do you take it home and immediately wash it, or put it in the hamper? Or just keep it in the car as a moist, contaminated thing to use again?
How much are you touching your face, fiddling with the mask because it's uncomfortable in some way?

And then there's the mask causing glasses to fog up making it hard to see.

I'm not sold on wearing a home made mask for people without symptoms.
Flame away.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's walk thru the mask thing.

You supposedly wear a home made mask to protect others from you.
If you have symptoms, STAY HOME, simple.
If you're concerned that you have it but don't know it, if you have a random cough use your sleeve, same as a mask.
If you're concerned that you have it but don't know it, and you're worried about your normal breathing putting diseased droplets in the air, you're still doing that with a mask.
And then your mask is contaminated, and what do you do with it? Do you wash it every time you use it? Do you take it home and immediately wash it, or put it in the hamper? Or just keep it in the car as a moist, contaminated thing to use again?
How much are you touching your face, fiddling with the mask because it's uncomfortable in some way?

And then there's the mask causing glasses to fog up making it hard to see.

I'm not sold on wearing a home made mask for people without symptoms.
Flame away.

How is this so complicated? I get that some people may not believe the efficacy of a homemade mask, but it's gotta be a helluva lot better than sneezing into your elbow lol. Do you really believe that? Not to mention if someone doesn't have the common sense to throw it in the washing machine then they probably shouldn't leave the house at all.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I think coughing into a sleeve can be just as effective as a home made mask.

Do you really believe that everyone is throwing their masks into the washer as soon as they get home, each time they use it?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is this so complicated? I get that some people may not believe the efficacy of a homemade mask, but it's gotta be a helluva lot better than sneezing into your elbow lol. Do you really believe that? Not to mention if someone doesn't have the common sense to throw it in the washing machine then they probably shouldn't leave the house at all.

There isn't a mask made including a US Army gas mask that will contain a sneeze within. Not only did I have to use and qualify with the gas masks during service, I also had to use the 6500 and the 3500 half face masks for coal dust and lead containment for about 35 years on the job. They are designed to prevent penetration of droplets, dust or gasses from the outside during normal respiration, so no matter what mask is used, a sneeze will introduce the droplets around the facial seal to the atmosphere for absorption of those around them within the distance that they remain as a contaminant and transferable.
Myself an others that don't wear tin foil hats or tin foil masks still say there is something behind this politically. I think the truth is going to come out eventually.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I think coughing into a sleeve can be just as effective as a home made mask.

Do you really believe that everyone is throwing their masks into the washer as soon as they get home, each time they use it?

Sorry, don't see it with the elbow, but hey, all these doctors and health officials probably don't know what they are talking about.

So your logic is that because someone wouldn't use something properly, or take proper care, then it shouldn't be used on a wide scale ? Interesting. Now do firearms.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There isn't a mask made including a US Army gas mask that will contain a sneeze within. Not only did I have to use and qualify with the gas masks during service, I also had to use the 6500 and the 3500 half face masks for coal dust and lead containment for about 35 years on the job. They are designed to prevent penetration of droplets, dust or gasses from the outside during normal respiration, so no matter what mask is used, a sneeze will introduce the droplets around the facial seal to the atmosphere for absorption of those around them within the distance that they remain as a contaminant and transferable.
Myself an others that don't wear tin foil hats or tin foil masks still say there is something behind this politically. I think the truth is going to come out eventually.

My statements are relative, one is better at containment than the other. This doesn't mean that I believe that a homemade mask contains a sneeze by any stretch, just that's its better than sneezing into your elbow. Watched that spray too many times. In the same sense, the elbow is better than nothing I'm sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom