Most underrated band

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen Sonic Youth years ago when they opened for Neil Young here in OKC. It was horrible. They were so messed up that they could not play. The lead guitarist fell off the stage. Neil Young came out and apologized to the crowd. He said that he tries to give new bands an opportunity and that some of them just did not deserve it.
I have not heard anything from them in a long time. Maybe they got better. I had forgot about it until I seen your thread. Like I said. That was years ago. Maybe they got better.

If that CanCom Neel Young hates them I like 'em.

Suicidal Tendencies.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCR. Not unpopular by any means, but they're my go-to band. My dad really rubbed off on me on that one. He gave me their "Chronicle" CD for Christmas when I was in 4th grade. Lots of bands come and go, and my moods change, but CCR is my old faithful.

Also, check out Lucky Dube. Chances are you've NEVER heard of him. South African reggae singer. I had a teacher a while back that was from Malawi and loved Lucky Dube.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Bruno and Poopgiggle. Heres some weird info for ya punk liking guys. The guy in Tulsa who does alot of my bands demos is the guitarist for The Descendants,All,etc. Bill Stevenson also co-owns the studio as well as another larger studio in Colorado- he drummed for The Descendants and Black Flag.

My favorite music is completely lacking in effort, and chemically influenced. Jacked up gear not even an obstacle
O hells ya. I might be a metal and hardcore guitarist today and not really much of a punk player any more these days but I'm still a huge fan of hardcore,thrash and punk. Living in San Francisco in the 80s I was into all of the bands you guys have listed as well as The Dead Kennedys (Jello Biafra once introduced me to Al Jourgenson of Ministry in a small studio in San Jose. I was just a kid who managed to get a part time job there. I almost **** myself...).

Any one remember Joe King Carrasco of Austin,Tx and his brand of Tex-Mex/alternative/punk? I'm too young to have been able to get in but we had an uncle in Austin who lives out at Lake Travis who we spent summers visiting and my older brother got to get in to the Armadillo Club in Austin a few times in its heydey and saw alot of good punk shows there.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that bands that have chosen to develop music in the Christian genre are underrated for example: Jars of Clay, Third Day and Needtobreath. You've heard some of their songs in t.v. shows and movie soundtracks, even if you don't listen to "Christian music."

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that bands that have chosen to develop music in the Christian genre are underrated for example: Jars of Clay, Third Day and Needtobreath. You've heard some of their songs in t.v. shows and movie soundtracks, even if you don't listen to "Christian music."
A friend of mine is in Pillar and they dont get much notice outside of the 'Christian' metal genre either,and I think theyre awesome. I'm not a Christian but my friend is devout and we can still hang out and play the guitar. When we jam its just making metal music,doesnt matter what we both believe in outside of the music. The music we play in our respective bands sounds the same sort of we just happen to be in bands with different lyrics,different messages and a different audience. I like Skillet too and theyre a Christian metal/industrial band. I think we should do away with labels. Its just metal to me. I like Demon Hunter too but cant stand old skool stuff like Stryper. We played on the side stage of a big festival years ago and the headliners were Rob Zombie and P.O.D. Imagine that. I dug P.O.Ds set as much as I did Robs. I still like P.O.D.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to the John Prine show at the Brady. He's one of my favs of all time.....

While out sailing on the ocean
While out sailing on the sea
I bumped into the Saviour
And He said pardon me
I said "Jesus you look tired"
He said "Jesus so do you,
Sit down son
'Cause I got some fat to chew"

Lmao

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

To quote Hank Hill, "they're not making Christianity better; they're making rock music worse."

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have said it before, and no doubt will say it many more times....

The only correct answer for this question is

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_Rush2112RedStarmanLogo1.jpg

All others are number two, or lower.

Why does this keep coming up?

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As some others have mentioned, Jethro Tull is a very long standing band. Ian Anderson does things MUSICALLY with a flute that are just awesome.

I have seen quite a few of their concerts when they used to make the rounds in OKC every few years back in the '70s.

I even saw them once(1972 I think) when their opening act was THE EAGLES.. Yep those Eagles, of Hotel California fame. They did not stay an opening act long....

Latest posts

Top Bottom