Must have AR accessory?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the trigger gaurds, upgraded pistol grips. Little things like that suck in the standard lpk. I have three or four extra of each just because they were on sale somewhere. The pmags are good also. Anything in zombie green. I wish someone would make smooth rail covers that you could put stickers on. Then you could dress your ar up like a stock car. Anyway if you had some sticker packs everyone likes to put stickers on stuff. Not me but everyone else.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the trigger gaurds, upgraded pistol grips. Little things like that suck in the standard lpk. I have three or four extra of each just because they were on sale somewhere. The pmags are good also. Anything in zombie green. I wish someone would make smooth rail covers that you could put stickers on. Then you could dress your ar up like a stock car. Anyway if you had some sticker packs everyone likes to put stickers on stuff. Not me but everyone else.

We have an upper with a smooth carbine fiber stock just for you.
http://fatboytactical.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=65

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it has already been mentioned but a lower parts kit minus the trigger group and grip would be sweet. Cant find any missing both. Have found a couple without the trigger group though.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This!

www.armoryblog.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_02_TBO_2.jpg

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cleaning kit. I never had a cleaning kit when I had only tthe AK but now with the AR and the direct gas impigement carbon residue business, I had to buy a cleaning kit and a bore mop.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good ideas already posted here, but I'll echo the recommendation of a LPK without the trigger parts or grips. Out of every LPK I've bought, the stock grips and triggers went straight into the parts bin, except for the Rock River Arms two-stage triggers. Those, I used.

Better grips such as from Ergo.

Spare spring / detent kits. I lost a spring once on my AR; fortunately I just happened to have a spare spring laying around.

Also, round ventilated free-float tubes D/T to accept rails at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good ideas already posted here, but I'll echo the recommendation of a LPK without the trigger parts or grips. Out of every LPK I've bought, the stock grips and triggers went straight into the parts bin, except for the Rock River Arms two-stage triggers. Those, I used.

Better grips such as from Ergo.

Spare spring / detent kits. I lost a spring once on my AR; fortunately I just happened to have a spare spring laying around.

Also, round ventilated free-float tubes D/T to accept rails at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

Here's a trick I've used twice already. Before you start putting your lower together empty your bagless vacuum. If you lose something vacuum the room/area it went to. It should be in your dirt container. You can do this without emptying it first too but it's not nearly as pleasant. Found the same detent twice using this method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom