New Powerful Painkiller Has Abuse Experts Worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an anaecdote to the propaganda served up I would like to share a statement that my son made several years ago.

We were seated with a LEO cousin of mine and having lunch. My cousin and I were discussing the aspects/pitfalls of our "War on marijuana" . My son made the comment that we ought to just get a tractor trailer full of the stuff and just let them have all they wanted until they killed themselves. After we finished laughing we told him that it would probably take quite a lot more than just one tractor trailer full to make a dent in it.

He just "knew" that marijuana would kill you.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remember folks the DEA an ATF aren't about control, but collecting taxes. You don't pay your taxes they come an get you. When was the last felon caught with a firearm charged by the ATF, or the last drug abuser charged by the DEA????

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked the statistics and it turns out that life accounts for 100% of deaths WORLDWIDE.

As I'm going through the process, I'll do my best to steer clear of things that make it more difficult.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked the statistics and it turns out that life accounts for 100% of deaths WORLDWIDE.

As I'm going through the process, I'll do my best to steer clear of things that make it more difficult.

Too late, I saw your post in the wedding rings thread :D

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is she pushed it in slowly and my insides started feeling kinda weird and cold (or maybe it was warm? hell I didn't care at the time) followed almost instantly by pure 100% delightful bliss. I honestly went from having the most severe pain I've ever felt in my life (and I have a high tolorance) to not giving one single blip about anything at all.

^^^Made me think of the opening scene from Trainspotting...
RENTON: People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shite, which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not f***ing stupid. At least, we're not that f****ing stupid. Take the best orgasm you ever had, multiply it by a thousand and you're still nowhere near it. When you're on junk you have only one worry: scoring. When you're off it you are suddenly obliged to worry about all sorts of other shite. Got no money: can't get pished. Got money: drinking too much. Can't get a bird: no chance of a ride. Got a bird: too much hassle. You have to worry about bills, about food, about some football team that never f***ing wins, about human relationships and all the things that really don't matter when you've got a sincere and truthful junk habit.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^Made me think of the opening scene from Trainspotting...

Delightful AKA Dilaudid.

All I know is that when crushed under pain, it was like paradise in a syringe. If someone was in constant pain, I can certainly imagine and understand letting that sweet bliss take over 100% of the time.

Up until this ER episode with Mrs. Delightful, I have been drug free my entire life save for alcohol (which I use sparingly) and Tylenol III one time so my experience in this realm is limited. With my one time Dilaudid injection, the attraction when in pain was two part; 1.) It relieved the extreme pain instantly and 2.) It gave a feeling of extreme euphoria.

What I wonder is how the whole pain relief / euphoria quotient works when someone isn't in physical pain and they are simply taking it to escape? I can imagine that without the pain involved, it's still attractive, but I suppose one has to want to escape reality for it to be worth it in the context of giving control over to a drug. For some, as evidenced by the statistics, it's all too sexy and difficult to abstain or their ability to overcome it just isn't there.

For me, even though I still reminice about how wonderful it felt being shot up with HydroMorphone and letting the opiate take me to another world, I seriously have no desire to take it to escape in a non-pain situation. That escape in my world translates to ignoring reality rather than dealing with it. It means avoiding feeling rather that working through it. A delay and amplification of the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom