New Smoker/Grill/Oven Big Green Egg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about buying a Big Green Egg but I went with the Hasty Bake. Just curious if your smoking a brisket how do you add coal to the Green Egg.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Webber charcoal grill, a Jen-air gas grill and a Cookshack electric smoker. I've looked at the Big Green Egg, and I think it might replace a couple if not all of these. Let us know what you think after using it for a while.

Niice selection. I like the Jen Air grills. I have a Brinkman gas grill that still works well. Looks like you have covered all the bases. I enjoy the smokey flavor that the lump charcoal brings to the food.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about buying a Big Green Egg but I went with the Hasty Bake. Just curious if your smoking a brisket how do you add coal to the Green Egg.

I have not done so but from what I hear. You don't add coal. The lump coal and thick ceramic is so efficient that if you fill it up it will burn all day. :thumbup3:

I use Hasty Bake lump in my Egg. :rubhands: Works well enough thus far. Seems quality.

Winman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the largest green egg you can get, and yes you can fill it up with charcoal and it will go all day long or all night long. when I smoke overnight I get the temp set and let it go. I only wake up once to check it till I am up the next morning its usually done by then. I have used it over 5yrs now and love it!!!!

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro had a Horizon smoker/grill that I really need (want). The thing is, I can't justify shelling out $750 for the monster. It's quarter inch steel, heavy and really nice. I like the looks of the egg though. Who is a local dealer?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the largest green egg you can get, and yes you can fill it up with charcoal and it will go all day long or all night long. when I smoke overnight I get the temp set and let it go. I only wake up once to check it till I am up the next morning its usually done by then. I have used it over 5yrs now and love it!!!!

WOOHOO! Another EggHead. :greetings

Latest posts

Top Bottom