New Smoker/Grill/Oven Big Green Egg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today we have a Brisket on the Big Green Egg. Mm mm mm mm mm... I have never cooked brisket before. On the egg or otherwise. I started with a flat from Sams. Pulled it from the fridge early this am. Using two rubs. Bad Byrons Butt rub and John Henry's east Texas Brisket Rub on the other side. We shall see which tastes best. Really, I just could not decide between the two. :woot:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_163.jpg

Bit o Rub there. :drunk2:

Fired up the Egg.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_154.jpg

The plan is to cook the Brisket at 250 for around 6 hours. Then pull it off, wrap in foil and add some John Henry's brisket marinade in there and place back on the egg for another 2 hours or so. :)

Here it is holding at 250ish. :woot:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_170.jpg

Can't wait: :spaghetti:

Will post shots of the cook as it progresses today.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on by. I think we have plenty. :naughty:

4 Hours in and oh dang that looks good... :mean:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_196.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_199.jpg

I believe I will name this Brisket. Elvira Licktenstien, based on the obvious plump and tender appearance and delectable succulence that jumps off the screen at me.
:lmfao: Dang... I need to get out more.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The BGE is a great quality grill/smoker! I prefer stick burners as I am a pyro...plus you just cant beat the flavor, heres a pic of my Stumps smoker...dang I love smoking briskets!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/gpalasz/Fire-1.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/gpalasz/Slice1.jpg

Oh man those look great!!

For my first brisket I was impressed. WInnah Winnah!! Lobstah Dinnah!!

Turned out great! Oddly enough, there was way too much fat left on the meat though. (see pic) I did cut off quite a bit, was afraid to remove too much. That hindered some of the smoke ring that might have occurred on part of the brisket. Grilled some veggies as well. All in all I had a great time and it was one of the best briskets I have ever tried. The consensus was that it was great as well.

:cheers:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_209.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_212.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_202.jpg

Thanks everyone.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should. :naughty: I must admit that this thing is amazing. It held the temp for 9 hours and I used very little of the charcoal in there. No tending at all. The only fluctuation was when I lifted the lid. Impressed to say the least. :greetings

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was thinking of getting myself one of these for Christmas and I called just about every place here in the metro and these things are not cheap.

No they are not. I picked mine up at Everything BBQ on May just north of Memorial. Great store. They are bringing out my new gas grill this summer. :woohoo1:

Love the egg though. Cooked cedar plan salmon on it last night. Amazing. Then I dropped some cornbread in there. Dang, that's good. :spaghetti:

Latest posts

Top Bottom