Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got bored with guns, sold all but 2.

Lots of folks are hurting for money these days, I see it daily.

Thankfully no credit card debt here, there are some truck upgrades I want to do but am fighting off the urge.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
449775984_553668180515661_4573438971730104250_n.jpg

Bidenomics 4th July cookout....

ParrotPirate

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This place has really become a difficult place to buy and sell guns. Traditionally people will put up a gun with a price slightly higher than what they would take with the intention that people will haggle them down. I can’t put my finger on it, but the vibe in here has felt off for the last year or two. I don’t feel comfortable haggling with the people on this website anymore, so I just ignore anything that isn’t priced low already. I have gotten more stuff from armslist recently because I can just use a GV number to send a text and float them an offer and if they get mad at me I don’t ever have to hear from them again.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for an O&G service company, we have a hiring freeze right now and T&E has to be approved. Travel for training has been nixed as well. We have been very slow for the last 2 months, and it's because O&G companies are laying down rigs. Rig count in the US is down to 581, and rigs in Oklahoma arre down to 44. In July 2018 when things were going well, there were 1050 rigs operating in the US and 140 in Oklahoma. The 2018 numbers are about half of what they were in 2014. If things don't turn around soon, O&G industry is going to have another big cut. My company had 5k layoffs globally back in February.
Natural gas futures have kind of tanked over the last month.

IMG_9566.jpeg

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This place has really become a difficult place to buy and sell guns. Traditionally people will put up a gun with a price slightly higher than what they would take with the intention that people will haggle them down. I can’t put my finger on it, but the vibe in here has felt off for the last year or two. I don’t feel comfortable haggling with the people on this website anymore, so I just ignore anything that isn’t priced low already. I have gotten more stuff from armslist recently because I can just use a GV number to send a text and float them an offer and if they get mad at me I don’t ever have to hear from them again.
I do not understand why somebody gets mad at a low ball offer. They didn't build the gun, they have nothing invested in the gun but money, yet they take it personal. If you ever see something of mine posted in the classifieds, do not hesitate to make me an offer.I don't get mad.lol

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with reasonable offers. And I don't get mad over lowball offers but I'll likely laugh at you and tell you if you're looking for something for nothing you're looking in the wrong place. I'd rather keep what I have than sell it to someone like that. I do find it hard to be polite to someone who offers a lowball price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom